• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Development Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone!

New Development Director
It has been discussed among the staff and we have agreed that Rui should be our development director.
Rui has contributed positively to the site and has always openly shared his ideas. He has also come up with various suggestions that he will present to the community sometime soon.

New Spells Section
I am also glad to announce that the new Spells section is nearly complete. I am working on the final import script.

Edit: The section is finished and the spells have been imported!

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hi there, everyone.

As you know, lately there has been a lot of trouble regarding the Map Section. The first thing I'd like to ask is for everyone to settle down. Pressure is something none of us like, and the recent polemics have put a lot of pressure on Ralle.

As the new Development Director, I have prepared a temporary help package. Some of those measures include the appointment of various people to mini-moderators. They are all mentioned below by alphabetic order, and all of them will receive an invitation to join the "Map Mini-Jury" social group (which will be created soon):
  • Ash
  • Asomath
  • Captain Griffen
  • Cba81
  • (added on 11-Oct-2008 13:41) CMarket
  • Kaitech[SanD]
  • Linaze
  • NearbyHermit
  • Steel_Stallion

This measure is meant to help Map Moderators more quickly determinate whenever a resource is OK for approval or not.
I understand that the majority of you were expecting a brand new system for the Maps, but right now, I'm not willing to put more work on Ralle's shoulders. Let's see how the mini-jury works out.
Of all the people mentioned above, I inform those who were never on the staff that getting the mini-moderator status is no guarantee that you'll ever become a Map Moderator. You have been appointed to mini-moderator because the Hive administration is trusting that your work will give a nice contribution to the Hive's map database. This is not a promotion or anything.

In addition to this, I will post a thread about forum reorganization in which I wish to gather all the feedback I can.

All the best,
The Hive Workshop Administration

Last edited:
Level 20
Rui was most definitely the next best man for the job. Don't forget to keep an eye on the Jass section, though :p
As for those minimods, well let's just say I'm curious as to what some of those reviews will look like.

And, GREAT, a new spell section coming up! FINALLY! :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Your reasons for repping me are hilarious.
I should have known that people would be repping me all the time now that I'm in this position >.<

As per the mini-moderators, I repeat: they are not in the staff, they are normal users that can vote for approval or rejection of a resource, they are unable to cause any damage.

EDIT: CMarket, the creator of the Sect of the Holy Mother series, has also been appointed as a mini-moderator.

GRATZ Riu ur gr8 +++rep :wink::wink::grin::grin::grin::grin::ned::pal:

Anyway, congratulations Rui, I had a feeling you were going to be the one to be promoted. usually we've disagreed on matters back when I was staff, but I've always respected your opinions and you've always brought possitivity to the table and have done an excellent job moderating your sections. I hope that you will continue to do so.

Also, good choice on the mini-mods, atleast those I know who is. CMarket and Linaze especially seem like great choices in my eyes.

Level 17
Congratulations on the mini-moderator positions.

Rui, you were a hard-working man all the time, I knew something like this would come. Congratulations :D

Hi there, everyone.

As you know, lately there has been a lot of trouble regarding the Map Section. The first thing I'd like to ask is for everyone to settle down. Pressure is something none of us like, and the recent polemics have put a lot of pressure on Ralle.

As the new Development Director, I have prepared a temporary help package. Some of those measures include the appointment of various people to mini-moderators. They are all mentioned below by alphabetic order, and all of them will receive an invitation to join the "Map Mini-Jury" social group (which will be created soon):
  • Ash
  • Asomath
  • Captain Griffen
  • Cba81
  • (added on 11-Oct-2008 13:41) CMarket
  • Kaitech[SanD]
  • Linaze
  • NearbyHermit
  • Steel_Stallion

This measure is meant to help Map Moderators more quickly determinate whenever a resource is OK for approval or not.
I understand that the majority of you were expecting a brand new system for the Maps, but right now, I'm not willing to put more work on Ralle's shoulders. Let's see how the mini-jury works out.
Of all the people mentioned above, I inform those who were never on the staff that getting the mini-moderator status is no guarantee that you'll ever become a Map Moderator. You have been appointed to mini-moderator because the Hive administration is trusting that your work will give a nice contribution to the Hive's map database. This is not a promotion or anything.

In addition to this, I will post a thread about forum reorganization in which I wish to gather all the feedback I can.

All the best,
The Hive Workshop Administration

That might just work. Smart idea, Rui. And I like your choice of people to appoint.

New Development Director
It has been discussed among the staff and we have agreed that Rui should be our development director.
Rui has contributed positively to the site and has always openly shared his ideas. He has also come up with various suggestions that he will present to the community sometime soon.

Kudos to you, Rui. You'll make a great director!

New Spells Section
I am also glad to announce that the new Spells section is nearly complete. I am working on the final import script.

Edit: The section is finished and the spells have been imported!

I can't wait to see the new spells section. <3

Level 17
* Asomath - Seems to have a giant ego, putting his name at end of each post "~Asomath"
* Cba81 - Who the hell is he?
* Kaitech[SanD] - Err...
* NearbyHermit - SpamRequests plz?
* Steel_Stallion - A douche.

Were you high, rui?

HappyTauren - Famous for flaming all the nooby requestees in the Request Section. Saying two words - Fuck you.

And Asomath doesn't even show off an ego in this site from what I know...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Please don't insult each other.

I trust that everyone can improve. As per signing your name under the post, it doesn't mean you have a giant ego. You'll eventually grow bored of it, like I did.

We need to get organized, though. I'll be creating the social group at once.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Congratulations on the promotion, Rui.

Nice ideas, but I'd like to opt out of the map moderating. My social life, coupled with college work, etc, and my job are pretty much overpowering anything that I can, or would, do. I'd gladly oversee reviewing, give tips to people or anything else along that line, but I can't dedicate myself to something that I have no time, or commitment, to. It would've been nice to of been asked first, too :p

With that aside, though, good luck with the future.

EDIT: Oh, and take a look at our ideas for the map section over here.

Level 36
* Asomath - Seems to have a giant ego, putting his name at end of each post "~Asomath"
* Cba81 - Who the hell is he?
* Kaitech[SanD] - Err...
* NearbyHermit - SpamRequests plz?
* Steel_Stallion - A douche.

Were you high, rui?

Now that you're not a mod anymore, I can hate you without getting negrep. Yay! Fuck you HT. This is a change for the better. These people are good at what they do, how they behave on the forum doesn't mean anything about how they can review a map.

Level 14
Interesting. I don't know you very well, Rui, but I trust that this was a decision for the better. Just don't change. The last thing this site needs is someone who can't be true to himself after getting his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.