• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Director's Award" for Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Some of you might wonder why no icons received Director's Award. Well, the function hasn't been implemented yet. And until VGSatomi has the time to do it (so, no need to hurry Veggie ;)) I have started a thread in which I added the best icons of this site. If you have any comments or suggestions (about icons that should be posted there) PM me, I might have missed some.

Here is the link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=15404 . Oh, and I hope nobody minds that I added my Telekinesis icon between these icons. I added it because it received a lot of positive comments.

~Daelin

Level 11
Oh, thanks to Raiju for mentioning the Breath of Fire New icon which was just a recolor. And thanks to for mentioning this icon.

Also, further thankes to |`´|alfurion for mentioning the latest icon added (by ElfWarfare).

Gaius Julius, you should check my Reptilify icon for example. It didn't receive a lot of comments, because it doesn't look dazzling. Maybe some might consider that I did some CnP (though it was freehand).

Rui, what are you talking about? Which of those icons are from WoW?

~Daelin

Level 9
Gaius Julius said:
Oh, no lol, Jk. I didnt mean it seriously.... gosh :roll:

if you didn't mean it then why post it, it would only stir some people up because i quite like alot of icons Daelin has made and its not because he is a Mod. Anyway if i remember right he done that before he became mod (correct me if im wrong Daelin) so the "moderator" part wouldnt affect peoples decision. If people said that a icon was really good and they thought it was really crap then the person (being a moderator) cant fix the icon because people say its good (do you get what i mean).

Level 11
Rui said:
I'm just saying that you shouldn't give DC to WoW Icons as they weren't made by the members.

Daelin said:
I chose the icons for originality, eye candy and with minor or no CnP at all.

I hope this clarifies the problem. No CnP from anywhere, so yes, that includes WoW icons.

Gaius Julius said:
Oh, no lol, Jk. I didnt mean it seriously.... gosh

It sounded really serious to me so stop fooling me around. You didn't bold and incraese the size of the message for nothing. People who are jk usually add an emoticon. But you sounded EXTREMELY serious. Conclusion, it's not my fault that you don't know how to make a good joke. :roll:

~Daelin

Level 6
This is realy ment to be a joke but allas it isn't a good one :p
Your icon Daelin is truly ASTOUNDING =),so i guess just don't mind him.Count this as another good comment :) So if Juice was active i guess he would be the one to give a DC,but infact it doesn't even matter.

Level 11
vicky2004 said:
Count this as another good comment :)

I don't mind the fact that he said that the icon is not god. Alas, I accept negative comments (it's true, constructive, but nevertheless...). What I minded was the fact that just because I am good Moderator doesn't mean that I cannot receive bad comments. It would mean that me as a moderator I will get upset and try to get revenge on those who give negative comments.

Oh Gaius Julius, I also noticed the "No offence". When you make a joke, you don't mention that. :p

But anyway, let's forget it.

~Daelin

Level 7
WoW icons should be deleted, they're just a waste of bandwidth.

Good job Daelin!

(by the way, I suggest adding Mc !'s BTNLifePyramid to the list.)

Level 9
Mc !'s Pyramid isn't that great. And the WoW icons are fine, the ones on Blizzard's site don't even have the border. Maybe just keep the MPQ at least. Anyway, this explains the none-existant DC icons. There are so amny nice icons out there, yet you have to dredge through lots of bad ones first. I'll see if I can find some nice ones.

Level 9
i guess its damn dificult to recon a good and original icon

i mean, i saw a icon for ex (the first one in Daelin's list) that looks so, f*ck perfect that i think its from somewhere else

anyways good one Daelin. DCing icons will incentive ppl to make better (and originals hope) icons

Status
Not open for further replies.