• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Development Section Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
A number of changes have taken place to the development section recently:

• I (PurplePoot) am now the development director, and Rui will be handling maps and the Warcraft III Modding forums (Which he focused on already).

• The map rules have been tweaked slightly but crucially; maps now follow the same authorship rules as other resources in that you need to prove you have the author's permission to submit a map that is not yours.

• The spell rules have been rewritten, although many of the key points are the same.

• A new approach will be tried on the spells section. Don't expect any instantaneous change, as there are over 1,000 pending spells and rising. We'll be trying more so to reduce the amount slowly but steadily (as much as possible). As a side effect of this, spells won't get full code reviews, unless such reviews are specifically requested and a moderator has some free time.

EDIT: An update in the revival of the coding aspects of the site.

• aznricepuff will be handling the Jass section for the most part. He's relatively quiet outside of the coding forums, but is a great and helpful coder and guy.

• hvo-busterkomo will be handling the Spells section along with Dr. Super Good and Eccho. I'm sure most of you know him already, and for those who don't, he's a helpful coder with a good deal of knowledge and experience.

Last edited:
Level 40
So, Hawkwing are responsible for map rules? I would help him to sort out a few specific rules then.
Nah, he's just reorganizing them. What I meant to say was that we'll work something out, and it will be included when the new arrangement is done.

Welcome aznricepuff, although i've honestly never heard of you before.
Yeah, as I said, he's pretty quiet outside of the coding forums.

Level 14
Congrats on the promotion PurplePoot. Congrats to hvo-busterkomo and aznricepuff on your promotions as well.

I'm glad to see that change is happening, and from what I can tell, for the better.

Good luck to you guys.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
[*]The map rules have been tweaked slightly but crucially; maps now follow the same authorship rules as other resources in that you need to prove you have the author's permission to submit a map that is not yours.
How strict is that? As strict as in wc3c where you get your map deleted unless the author himself to put a post to acknowledge authorship? How do the staff view on that now?

Level 40
How strict is that? As strict as in wc3c where you get your map deleted unless the author himself to put a post to acknowledge authorship? How do the staff view on that now?
As Hakeem said, that's a little too strict, as the main use of this is if the author doesn't want to create an account. Providing an e-mail or something would be enough, and if it turned out you faked it the consequences would, of course, be severe.

Level 14
TKF said:
As strict as in wc3c where you get your map deleted unless the author himself to put a post to acknowledge authorship?
I'd appreciate it if you didn't make up rules and make WC3C sound stingey. A PM, email, post, screenshot of any of the above, or a posting of the unprotected version of a map somewhere would be sufficient. It's also not as if making a map of the "footies" genre is against the rules or something; the rule for author permission only matters for maps of the same name where authorship of original content if questionable. Very rarely is something actually graveyarded because of authorship issues such as these.

Status
Not open for further replies.