• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detection without the Detector Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It appears to be impossible to add any behavior which bestows non-zero detection without the yellow "detector" label showing up in the unit's information. If a value of -1 or > 0 is placed in the "detection range" property, the "detector" label will show up.

I'm trying to find the best workaround to solve my problem. Specifically, I'm wanting to have a unit able to detect hallucinations but not cloaked/burrowed units without the yellow "detector" label showing up. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best solution for: 1) Simple two team gameplay (simple detection of enemy unit allowed) 2) FFA gameplay (detection needs to be enforced for each player)

Level 2
If you don't want the tag at all, you could delete the text in text editor (=replace it with empty string)
I probably should have mentioned this: I have other units which are normal detectors. I'd like to maintain the "detector" label for those units.

Level 12
Well for two-team, you could use an aura that disables cloaking in certain range. (Or maybe use "Detected" flag that behavior can add, i have no idea what it is for, but it could be this).

Also you could use trigger-based detection, somehow graphically mark hallucinations in range of the half-detector unit. But this should be a last-resort solution, it is very ugly and comlicated for such a little effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.