• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help With Tower Defence Block Detector !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Guys ... Professionals and godly mapmakers.

i need help and i really appreciate if you can solve one of my greatest problem i face in my map.

I'm making an epic tower defense and everything went smoothly except for the blocking issue.

My question is ... which i really appreciate if someone can help me by giving me ideas to solve it or the solution itself.

How do you make a block detector ?

For example , in a maze a block is created , thus making the unit unable to go through. I do not want the unit to attack or pwn't the towers to create a path for itself ... i need a block detector , where when the builder builds a tower , and the detector detects the block ... the tower will be triggered to cancel construction upon detection , therefore unblocking it.

It has to be fast, since it may happen during the round.

My First attempt or idea is to create another unbuildable path , so if a block is created the units will go the other way .... but i don't want that too , therefore i created a dummy unit and so if the dummy unit goes to that unbuildable path , it cancels the construction but if it follow the normal path , nothing happens. So far unsucessful...:cry:

This will really enhance the gameplay cause people won't go complaining about their towers being destroyed for just a minor mistake and leaving afterwards...

Please help , your help is really appreciated , maybe it will help someone else @ their tower defense.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.:cute:

Level 6
I'm going to start making this though I may fail.It will be fun to try. Check again in a day or two and see if I posted a method.

Level 3
@Howl2000
Thank you howl ..

@Dr super good

i know it's the usual but i really want it to be nice, i don't want someone's game ruin just because of his or her carelessness

Level 6
Lol I made a crappy one that didn't work then I found this good working one.

It may leak, but if it does then its easilly fixable. Someone clarify if X of position of unit leaks a location. I think it does still.

Anit-Blocking system

Level 3
it causes massive lag as you build more towers , whenever it builds it lag if u build after like , 30 towers ..

any other suggestion ?:cry:

Level 6
Get a better computer or take out the leaks. It's not my system or I would remove the leaks for you. But maybe someone else will.

Level 9
i no have td template to try this but you can chek it
make trigger that runs every x seconds and pick every unit owned by player (owner of creeps) an if the unit current order is stop or empty string (chek for stats that might couse stun, roots or etc make false) and do do order some unit to make dmg at postion of this unit like 100 AOE (i am not sure if that will work or no

Status
Not open for further replies.