• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] tower defence trigger system help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a tower defence map, but I want to devise a system where if someone blocks with their towers and the creeps attack and kill a tower I want to re-issue the order to all the attacking creeps to move a region

I thought this would be simple enough, but what I produced actually made war craft crash every time a creep went to attack a tower

so I'd really be grateful if someone could explain how I could create such a system or an alternative solution

Level 6
I would do it with a Timer and a Unit Group. Add All Stopped Unit to a Group start the Timer, When Timer is done set back to move. Would look like this, no garanty on right Trigger have no World Editor in front of me.

• Events
    • Unit - A Unit Stops
  • Conditions
    • Owner of Unit is equal to (Your Creep Owner Player)
  • Actions
    • Set point = center of (last region)
    • Unit Group - Add (Triggering Unit) to Unit Group Stopper
    • Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to attack move to point
    • If timerStarted not equal to true
      • then actions
        • Timer - start Timer TimerFTW
        • Set timerStarted = True
      • else
  • TimerFTW
    • Events
      • Timer Expires TimerFTW
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every Unit in Stopper
        • Unit - Oder Picked Unit to move to point
        • Unit Group - Remove Picked Unit from Group Stopper
      • Set timerStarted = False
You could also set the Region fix, i didnt remove that leak on porpose, because you will need the region the whole game. Hope you get what i mean, i'll post the correct Triggers later on.

Edit: aw i forgot something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.