• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Detecting pathing at a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a custom movement system that involves moving a unit rapidly.

What I need: to detect if a point is walkable. I want to prevent moving if I've put down a path blocker (ground).

I've tried the action (Terrain pathing at <point> of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
- and that will detect cliffs, but it does not detect trees or path blocker doodads.

I know there's a tricky system involving putting down an item and then seeing if the item is where you put it...but that sounds rather complex. If I have to do that, I will. I thought it would be wise to first ask if there a simple way to detect a path blocker with an action.

Level 22
check the coordinates, when the unit being moved is not in the proper place (unit_x not equal to computed x_pos, same with y coordinate) then the point is unpathable.

Level 6
I don't know if it's what you need, but about treed or items you can detect it. Simply check whether or not there's an item or a tree or any other destructible via triggering in a small range (50, maybe?) of a target point.

Level 14
Thanks all.

I'll take a look at that tutorial. I found a brief work around by using one of my terrain palettes as the cliffs I'm trying to avoid and just detecting that. That seems inefficient though for doodads and the like; I think I'll use one of the systems you guys linked.

+rep all around

Status
Not open for further replies.