• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pathing Blocker Doodad Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi!

Currently trying to use Eagle Eyes AW map as a template for a project, in testing I found that all my units can walk over the cliffs, so I started to put pathing blockers around. Soon enough I hit the limit of doodads, and only one area had been pathing blocked, with the rest of the map still having walkable cliffs.

Is there any workaround to this at all?

Level 3
Oh snap, that sounds pretty good because all of the mountains use the same ground texture. I've looked at JNPG editor and it looks a bit daunting to me. Is it like coding or is it...not newbie friendly but...accomodating?

Level 3
It hasn't worked. I've set the pathing to not walkable, saved, exited, reloaded and tested and you can still walk over the cliffs.

Level 3
It's still not working, I've set the options to unwalkable on all the tiles that could even potentially be the one...

Level 11
Are there any imported tiles? If so, check the path that your tile is overwriting, and set the pathability on that tile. Unless you've already tried that. For example, if your imported terrain path is "TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashenvale_Rocks.blp" then the tile you would want to set unwalkable is Ashenvale Rocks.

I can look more into exactly what you need do in a couple of hours when I get access to the editor.

Level 3
I fixed it. I needed to enable UMSwhatever.

What I want to know now is...now that I've changed the passability of the tile with this plugin, if I go back to the default editor, will the passability persist, or do I have to keep using the new editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.