• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destroying custom doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Ham

Level 5
I've got such a big trouble here, i have edited a doodad with a model of a destructible, but when i kill the doodad it won't dissapear, what should i do?

here is a screen shot.

(+rep) for anyone that helps :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Ham

Ham

Level 5
Skulls never disapear i think.. and crates dont play the death animation unless they're doodads

i have changed their models to units (such a peasant) the peasant dies, (when destroying the skull, in this case the peasant) and it never fades x.x his body remains there, what could it be?

btw, i have found out a way to slove this trouble, but this is not the best one, it's just the only one i know of, it's to use units instead of doodads and set unit's model to the doodads one :) still the main trouble is really weird..

Ham

Ham

Level 5
I recommend you to find someone to give the skulls a death animation or do it yourself.

i repeat, i have even used a unit model (example a footman) and when i kill it dies, but it never dissapear. (fade out)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Which destructible did you base those objects on?

The fact that you can't remove them is most likely because destructibles do not disappear once they die: they are "soft-dead", so to speak.
Removing the destructible once it dies is a good idea, but I doubt there's an event for that. You can only have it trigger with a single object, which means, the only event that detects the death of a destructible asks for a specific object, which you have to select while creating that event, in the trigger editor (I hope this was clear).

Ham

Ham

Level 5
There's an action "Remove Destructible"...

What's that "flag" on the destructible anyway? What fields have you set in the object editor?

that flag is when you orden an unit to multi-task (by pressing shift)

Status
Not open for further replies.