• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Destructible Variations (Doodad Cactus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi I made a custom destructible... I think the base was a barrel... but using one of the (blizzard's) doodad cactus models. I have a lot of triggers associated with this destructible so rather than creating multiple custom units to have variation- I was wondering if I could somehow get it most of the doodad cactus variations to come up in a custom destructible. Is this even possible? I've seen that there might be ways with uploaded models but I wasn't able to figure out how that would apply in my situation.

Thanks! It would be very helpful in making the terrain for my map if anyone could help out.

Level 13
Yes, it's possible. Copy the model file Cactus <Base> from the doodad, and replace your custom destructible one. Don't forget to increase the variation field to 10.

Click on it to zoom in
XYWPIxq.png

Then, I made a simple trigger to create those cactus at random spots, including size and model variations.
  • Cactus
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set point = (Random point in Rect 0000 <gen>)
      • Destructible - Create a Cactus at point facing (Random angle) with scale (Random real number between 0.95 and 1.25) and variation (Random integer number between 0 and 9)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
7Z0Bhi9.jpg

Level 11
Perfect! Thank you! I didn't realize I had set it to a variation model and not the base so that's why it wasn't working. Also I'll have to try that trigger out- I had been doing it before only without the variables and noticed the 'random' point in region was always the same- but this would probably fix that.

Now if only GUI had more destructible trigger options so I'd be able to get my triggered spells to work right :/

Status
Not open for further replies.