• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Description fields in OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi, in object editor in Item section description fields:
anyone know why this
Code:
<I004,uses>
works but this
Code:
<I004,goldcost>
doesn't? goldcost always return zero in-game.

It looks like this
Code:
<AHtc,DataD1,%>
multiple by 100 DataD1 value
But what is the meaning of this
Code:
<AHtc,DataD1,.>
? I saw something like this but I'm sure there were ,.

Is here on Hive a list of aviable signs/formulas for description fields. Like those ,% and ,.
Are simple arithmetic operation allowed in those fields? Like "value+1"

zibi

Level 21
The first one shouldn't work either, since it's missing the baseid. All custom objects are like I000:AHtc, because it has to know what fields the custom object uses and it knows that by looking at the parent object.

I've used . myself as well. For instance, Inner Fire can give health regeneration. The problem is that numbers like 0.5 are printed as 0. When you put . at the end, it forces the game to show the number with a . instead of as an integer.

I'm not aware of any way to combine fields.

Level 18
The problem is that numbers like 0.5 are printed as 0. When you put . at the end, it forces the game to show the number with a . instead of as an integer.
Thanks, new for me, after test I can add that only 1st digit after , is printed:
for example value in data field is 0.26
but game will print 0.3 when we use ,.

It seems nothing works in Items section except uses
and: <I004,uses> <I004:shen,uses> <I004,Uses> they all works

edit
If there are expirienced users here on Hive who can add something relevant to this thread please do so. Don't want to this post go down with only one answer..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.