• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Debode's Gallery of Model-edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49

Debode's Gallery of Model-edits

Welcome to my gallery, the place I will showcase all of my model-edits - released or unreleased, finished or unfinished.

Old models:

Let's start with something epic - really epic.

BEHOLD IT, THE MIGHTY FOREST TROLL LABORER:

ForestTrollPeon(old).jpg

Yeah. As you might have guessed by now, this was my first model-edit ever. Beautiful, isn't it?

Now, the next model I made was superior, in my opinion. However, it wasn't a masterpiece either. It had a lot of bugs and looked quite bad.

Version 1:

PeonMilitia(old).jpg

Version 2(changed head, added footman animations instead of Peon):

PeonMilitiaVer2(old).jpg

After those two models failed and got rejected(obviously), I decided to have a quite different approach. I modified the Footman's and the Blademaster's swords and made them use a wood-like texture. It was nice, but obviously, a too simple edit. They didn't even attach properly to units.

WoodenSwords.jpg

After that failed as well, I tried something different. It actually was approved, but is now rejected*. Gold ore - mined and "unmined":

* - All of my old models, rejected, approved or pending, were deleted when I was first banned and never touched again later on.

GoldOre.jpg

After a few more simple models were rejected, I looked for inspiration and found a person who was needing some kind of a frost furbolg mage. I decided to help him, and after making some progress, with the help of more adept modelers and model-editors than me, I've decided to release it. It did not look much like a mage, but more of a warrior. I can't remember if it was approved or rejected before my first ban, but it was probably rejected as there were many holes in the mesh, and most geosets were going through the body in most animations.

FrostFurbolg.jpg

And then, before I released any other model, I got banned. After I finally was unbanned, I got banned again, pretty quickly. And finally, I was unbanned, after a bit more than an year, and returned with some extra models. But before I was unbanned, I moved on to WC3C. And there I released some models, most got approved. And that's where the "new* models" era began...

* - Note: Most of those models aren't really new. I just called this section "new models" because I wanted to separate it somehow from the previous section, the "old models".

New Models:

My first post at WC3C was the following model - an ogre archmage, based on the one-headed ogre. I suppose it was my first "fine-looking" model. Take a look here:

OgreArchmage.jpg

It is also released and approved on WC3C - get it here.

After this model's success, I have entered a hero making contest at WC3C, with Linaze. Linaze was coding the hero and I modeled. At first, our entry was supposed to be a "tauren blood shaman", a mystical tauren hero adept at shamanistic magic and dark, warlock-ish magic as well. But later, we decided to change out idea to a high-elven anti-mage hero, which we called the Mage Hunter. Sadly, we came out about 6th place at the contest. The model, however, was a bit luckier than our contest entry...

MageHuntress.jpg

The model, as I previously said, was a bit luckier than our contest entry and got approved at both WC3C and The Hive Workshop.

Next, I decided to make something unique - something no one ever did. At least, not at WC3C's and THW's model sections anyways.

It was... A quilboar.

QuilboarChampion.jpg

The model is released on the Hive Workshop and is available for download here.

Next, I decided to fulfill an interesting request - a troll altar.

AltarOfBlood.jpg

The model is released and approved on both WC3C and The Hive Workshop.

Later on, I made another model by request. This time a Human Crossbowman. However, it currently is rejected(until fix), and I'm not sure I will update it furthermore. Anyways, here it is:

HumanCrossbowman.jpg

I also wanted to re-upload an old model of mine, a lighthouse/watch tower...
So I did.

Lighthouse.jpg

The model is approved on The Hive Workshop and is available to download here.

Now, let's move on to some work-in-progress models:

Goblin Light Battleship - "Shark Class"

When I started working on that model, my intention was to make a "heavy zeppelin", like, an upgraded version of the goblin zeppelin that will have more protection and a weapon. However, I encountered an unexpected problem, and ended up making it into a ship. Still a work in progress, because it needs some extra animations, but the mesh is done. I will add team color to the sails later. The model is a 2-man project, currently being worked on by DevineArmy and me.

GoblinBattleship.jpg

Forest Troll Blood Drinker:

Only a mesh w.i.p, no animations yet. Based on the Headhunter model. The model is pretty much finished, just needs some tidings on the mesh/UV, and an animation set.

"Those fearsome warriors of Zul'aman feast upon the blood of their enemies, and sometimes of their own troll brethren. A blood drinker is a troll warrior whose power comes from his unharnessed rage, which the troll unleashes upon his enemies. The blood drinker's axes are enchanted by the elder shamans of the tribe with voodoo runes, which give the wielder of such an axe a never ending thirst for fresh blood, thus increasing the brutality and efficiency in battle of the blood drinker. Royal guards to Zul'jin, the Blood Drinkers are very important assets in the Amani tribe."

ForestTrollBloodDrinker_01.jpg

Female Character:

A model I made for Linaze, huge thanks to General Frank for helping out. I made the sword from a box in vertex modifier.

FemaleCharacter(Linaze).png

Last edited:
Level 24
I suggest making the entire sails team colored, like the elven destroyer from warcraft 2.
Also, those "tusks" in front of the boat seems a tad bit too long in my opinion.
Finally, the turret'll probably look rather small (from an in-game view that is) so I suggest increasing it's size a bit.

Level 49
Gallery bump and a new model!

I updated the first post, looks alot more like a gallery now. I also present you the Forest Troll Blood Drinker(updated since the last time any of you saw it):

Forest Troll Blood Drinker:

Only a mesh w.i.p, no animations yet. Based on the Headhunter model. The model is pretty much finished, just needs some tidings on the mesh/UV, and an animation set.

"Those fearsome warriors of Zul'aman feast upon the blood of their enemies, and sometimes of their own troll brethren. A blood drinker is a troll warrior whose power comes from his unharnessed rage, which the troll unleashes upon his enemies. Royal guards to Zul'jin, the Blood Drinkers are very important assets in the Amani tribe."

attachment.php

Level 49
Thanks Linaze. I am currently thinking what animations should the Blood Drinker have... I think that Blademaster will do, but he will need different death/decay and different attacks. Anyone got any suggestions regarding the troll? Like, what attack animations should fit him(remember - his dual-wielding 2 axes, and Rexxar wont fit, I already tried - their proportions are too different to work), or any suggestions about the mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.