• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HT's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are some things I've decided. First, I will start modelling again, and second, I won't half ass it anymore.

JuggernautV2.0.png
So to begin, this is intended to replace or be an addition to my my Juggernaut model, pretty much. I want it to be really powerful and have attachable axe/hammer and polearm. Possibly even team colored particles, glowing eyes, and the cool stuff. This is obviously a WIP from max, it still needs some pauldrons to complete the look, it needs its attachments modeled and of course, afterwards I will wrap it to some black in game textures, and then rig to Tauren Chieftain animations in MDLVis.

Last edited:
Great mesh, from a far view I thought it was high poly model. You're using Maiev's texture on this one too or?

Likely not, I will try wrapping it to Thrall and InfernalCannon textures instead.

Looking forward to see this model unfold.

Subscribing.

I will try wrapping it to textures today, should be interesting :D

The idea behind Juggeranut is that it is extremely vague. It could be a tauren with an armor that somehow covers its face (albeit that tauren would have weird horns), it could be a demon, a draenai, or it could be something out of your own imagination. Until there was decay flesh/bone, it could as well be just a suit of armor, OR something with a lifeform inside. But I am going to make Juggernaut v2.0 completely vague as in whether it's alive or an animated suit of armor.

Anyway, haven't started the weapons yet, but I've almost finished wrapping it to texture(s).

juggernautV2.0Wrapped.png

Last edited:
Level 51
Still don't like the blade. Looks way too stretched.

The tc-parts could stay, but just normal blade texture (campaign ones for example) would fit way better. Could work out if you use a metal texture for the lower part of the spike and an actual blade texture for the upper part.

Also, a more simple and darker design for the handle would do it wonders.

And a nice little extra metal thing at the end of the handle so it doesn't end in the nowhere, maybe TC too.

Level 34
I still kinda think that making wrap this complex is a bad idea. It won't look too good in wc3 unless it's size is gigantic. And with Tauren animations it won't look good this big. You know, maybe you could simplify wrap here and there? I'm speaking of both the axe and the guy with the hooves.

Edit: forgot to state the obvious: this does look amazing though.

Last edited:
I'll just finish it the way I've started it, but I still have a long way to go, especially with the axe.

BTW, here's the model before rigging if anybody wants to poke around it.

And I think it'll still look pretty good in wc3, although some of the detail will be lost. Here's a screen.

Attachments

• scaryguy.mdx
    92.2 KB · Views: 52
  • correctscale.png
    correctscale.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.