• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dead Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Heh I'm doing great. Was having exams(did pretty well), then went to europe for a holiday(spent my birthday in venice) and then quit having anything to do with warcraft 3 and I'm back lol. And when I got back I was like wow what happened to hive?(wc3search? lol)

And I am so glad someone actually remembers me :D

Level 36
Heh I'm doing great. Was having exams(did pretty well), then went to europe for a holiday(spent my birthday in venice) and then quit having anything to do with warcraft 3 and I'm back lol. And when I got back I was like wow what happened to hive?(wc3search? lol)

And I am so glad someone actually remembers me :D

Well, the Hive merged with Sear so we grew about 30 thousand members since you last checked in :p Plus we have chat and a crapload of resources (all of the resources from Sear plus thousands of new ones that have been added since the merge from by opur dedicated modders).

So, the site is doing good. And you're doing good. Everyone wins :p

Level 12
Yeh okay.

I thought it was pretty recent.

Here's a big rip from wikipedia.

In connection with the online meme, Never Gonna Give You Up was played and performed at some of the Project Chanology February 2008 protests against the Church of Scientology. At February 10, 2008 protests in New York City, Washington, D.C., London, Edinburgh and Seattle, protesters played the song through boomboxes and shouted the phrase "Never gonna let you down!", in what The Guardian called "a live rick-rolling of the Church of Scientology".In response to a website created by Scientologists showing an anti-Anonymous video, Project Chanology participants created a website with a similar domain name with a video displaying the music video to "Never Gonna Give You Up".

According to The New York Times, four women's basketball games at Eastern Washington University (EWU) were rickrolled during March 2008. Before the start of the games, Never Gonna Give You Up was played while a Rick Astley impersonator danced and lip-synched to the music. A video containing footage of the pre-game rickrollings, misleadingly combined with previously-recorded game footage, was later released on YouTube.

On March 27, 2008 The New York Times issued a correction stating that the EWU women's basketball games had not actually been interrupted, and that the newspaper was hoaxed by Pawl Fisher, a student; Davin Perry who shoots game videos for the university; and Dave Cook, the university's sports information director.

On April 1, 2008 (April Fools' Day), featured videos on YouTube hyperlinked to the Rickroll. The prank began with international YouTube portals before appearing on the main site.

Social blog website LiveJournal announced on the same day that they would be adding a new member to their Advisory Board, linking members to the journal "rickastley", which contains a Rickroll.

Also, on the same day, Isohunt had the Rick Astley video instead of their normal front page, as did LyricWiki.org.

The Mahalo Daily video podcast hosted by Veronica Belmont produced a Rickroll purporting to be an interview with Steve Jobs. Media search engine SeeqPod included an MP3 of "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the top hit for all searches.

The GameFAQs's poll of the day featured nonsense answers drawn from the song lyrics.

The website Fark featured a link to a video claiming to be a blooper reel for the Muppets but instead linked to a video of Beaker performing Rick Astley's song.

Other social bookmarking sites like Digg and Reddit subsequently joined in linking the video.

The online web store Think Geek advertised on their front page a Betamax to HD DVD converter device. In the product page a demonstration video was linked which was, in actuality, a Rickroll.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.