• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy type map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
FF = Final Fantasy
FFXII = Final Fantasy 12
FFVIII = Final Fantasy 8

I really wan't to work on a Final Fantasy type map. The thing is i'm having a hard time deciding on a few things.

I will eventually make a Final Fantasy single player/multiplayer rpg map. But it will have a story line to it just like the games.

More than likely FFXII because it's the frshest one in my mind, and i already beat FFVIII(my fav FF) 5 times but been awhile so i'd have to beat it again just to remember it, or buy memory card adapter for ps3 so i can hook up old ps memory card.

But just to get ideas on models abilities and so forth, should i work on a different, smaller type map first, like those FF TDS that were made, but not extremly well, and then should i make the map multiple final fantasies or just final fantasy 12.

Level 8
Focus on Final Fantasy XII, it has been done the least and it isn't too bad.

I got FFXII the day it came out here, (22nd February, 2007), played all the way to Bahamut (or whatever the end ship is called) and lent it to a brother's friend. When I got it back a few months later, I re-learnt how to play (I was a bit rusty), beat the game and then... a scratch on the disk means I will never see the ending. I started again, but I lent it to one of my friends last week.

My favourite of the FF series would be either 5 or 7. If Zanam wants to, we can do this and the Ravnica project.

Level 11
You forgot pc, FFXI was featured on PC along with ps2.

You and Zanam? Thanks for jumping into my project. Lol But yeah that'd be cool if you guys would help, need a team.

So you never seen ending cine'? well it sucks but if you got that far it would suck not to see it lol. (Almost see penelos vagina, in her new clothes, too bad real women didn't wear them >.< Hot ones that is.)

Level 7
I was thinking of making a final fantasy map to. It would be based off of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
You would have to carry the crystal chalice outside of towns in order to surive the miasma. The towns would have their own big one like in the game.
It could be multiplayer where one person carries the chalice, it creates a slow buff though on your char and creates an attachment above the head of your character of a chalice. I could pry model one or someone could.

It could mainly be a cooperative multiplayer map with a save code. Maybe for more effect create regions of squares across the entire map and have every region emit a fog. When you walk into the region the fog will turn off like your dissapating it when your holding the chalice. Then you could set it down for fights.

Then include a caravann with a big storage trigger for supplies for when your out of town to help your team. Probably something you could buy to make it easier for you. Just alot of stuff that could be really cool.

Level 8
Crystal Chronicles would probably work better on WCIII than it did on Gamecube. I found it to be as boring as bat shit, but I only ever played it one player.

sk8er754, good luck with your map. If you are interested, Rakdos,Defiler may let you join his team for this map.

Level 7
yea FFCC wasnt to fun soloing. I played with 2 of my brothers and we all got those celestial weapons. Its not bad with afew peeps to play. I need to hurry up and finish my map. I have afew map idea's like final fantasy crystal chronicles rpg/action, oblivion rpg, imperium galatica 2 strategy that i've slightly done or have halfway finished.
If i only had more time lol, school takes up to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.