• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Allain55X.. presents....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Final Fantasy ORPG v1.0

:fp:Hello, hive members! I am creating a map of FF and I need ideas on places I should create... Please give me ideas!

Final Fantasy ORPG v1.0
Features:
- 4 hero classes to play with, but 2 class has only full skillset!
- 5 monster types to fight with and has full skillset!
- 3 Bosses to take down, 2 bosses has full skilset but the remaining one doesn't have yet a skill!
- 5 consumables to help you on surviving!
- 8 equipments to help you defeat enemies!
- 2 places to visit, places are: Adventurer's Path and Deepsea Cavern!
Thats all for the meantime! I still need ideas so please If you have some ideas on places. Pls comment and post it on this THREAD!:goblin_good_job:

Attachments

• FF ORPG v1.0 by Allain55X HIVE.w3x
    6.8 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 7
Hello !

I played your map and I must say it needs a lot of work to do, especially the terrain.

The terrain is so basic, no doodads, no cliffs, no nothing, and 1 absurd thing is that in the cave, the water is boiling but a meter distance from that boiling animation is a floating ice.

The heroes need also a lot of work to do and I don't get the orc-like theme at the starting zone, why orc? You can't just put a human knight in the middle of an orc camp, it isn't normal.

Anyway good luck with your project and if you need help post it here.

Level 4
Your right..

Hello !

I played your map and I must say it needs a lot of work to do, especially the terrain.

The terrain is so basic, no doodads, no cliffs, no nothing, and 1 absurd thing is that in the cave, the water is boiling but a meter distance from that boiling animation is a floating ice.

The heroes need also a lot of work to do and I don't get the orc-like theme at the starting zone, why orc? You can't just put a human knight in the middle of an orc camp, it isn't normal.

Anyway good luck with your project and if you need help post it here.

Your right about that but Im really having a difficult time in solving the bug in the skill Armor Break. Instead it reducts 1 armor it reducts 14... and the orc camp your sayin. It's just ok... I just used orc building cuz it looks cool but Ill look for more skins and model to replace them! For the terrain, cliffs,trees and ETC... I'll try to change it but really I dont like to because when I tested it...just blank nothing its only a shadow even I set the variations still a shadow... but I'll really do my best! Thanks for the comment, it really makes me happy that someone cares for my map!:goblin_good_job:

Level 4
Map Update!

SO far I have made this changes in the game but still I have difficulty in gaining EXP in quests!

Final Fantasy ORPG v1.0
Features:
- Still 4 hero classes and 2 classes has only full skillsets! (No changes made here)
- Still 5 monster types to fight but I'll add Wolf monster in the next status of my map!
- Still 3 bosses to take down, now all of them have full skillset!
- 5 Consumable still
- 8 equipments still
- Changed the model of some buildings
- Tried to change the model of trees but how hard I try to change its size...nothing change so Im not gonna concentrate on changing the terrain!
- 1 storyline quest and 1 optional quest! (Optional quest is still in work so far... storyline quest is only available!):thumbs_up:

Attachments

7 MB · Views: 53
Level 4
Finally! The next update!

Wow! After all the hard work on the game, here's the next update!

Final Fantasy ORPG 1.0
Features
- 4 hero classes, but still 2 has only full skillset
- 7 enemies now to hunt and beat!
- Still 3 bosses to take down, but I'll add the Thief BOSS on next update!
- No changes in consumables and equipments
- So many changed in terrains and some doodads... I think!
- 1 storyline quest and optional quest but still the Optional quest is still in progress...you can help in this optional quest if you like!

That's that! Hahahaha I really concentrated in the Terrain so there are many changed in terrains!:goblin_yeah::thumbs_up:

Attachments

7.5 MB · Views: 73
Level 4
Chocobo!

In my map now, Im creating the place Chocobo Plains! And I know everyone's favorite! The CHOCOBO! This is a pet on FF and in this game you can use it as a ride and in battle but you can only use it on battle when you have a specific equipment for the Chocobo! Let's see... WHO's in favor of Chocobo!!??:thumbs_up:

Level 4
Stat Trainers and Stats!

In my map, i've added a Stat Trainer. This stat trainer can raise your Attributes but with a cost of SP or skillpoints! You can acquire SP by leveling up. You will start for 3 SP and each level up will give you another 3 SP! Now, who's in favor of Stats Trainer and Stat Systems!??:thumbs_up:

Level 4
WHAT would you like to see in my next update!?

Ok! What would you like to see in my next update: places, items, new towns, or more....??? Just comment in this thread!:vw_wtf:

UPDATE: You can give me ideas in Hero classes too but be sure its in the FF original game!

Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry for the long time Im not updating! HUGE UPDATE COMING!

Theres gonna be a huge update in my game so please wait for the update! WILL include some skills on heroes without skills, 2nd town creation, chocobo farm creation and more with equipments!:thumbs_up:

Level 4
To all of those Hivers who are waiting for the next update and especially magic_seeker for testing newer versions, the update is near. I'm just creating now the skills of White Mage and a little terraning in Chocobo Field and the Primus town is already finished!:thumbs_up:

If you really want to see the progress in map, please reply in this thread about seeing the progress and I'll let you see the map!

Level 4
A BAD NEWS to everyone! DUE to 1.26a's MB max is 8mb and my map now exceeds 8mb it can only be played in SINGLE not in LAN! Sorry for that but the files imported in my WE is important and im not planning on remving something! I wish 1.27 makes the limit to 15mb +!

Level 4
Not yet unleashing the update but here's a brief description of the on going map!

:fp:Here is a description of my map!
:fp:Map size: 8.60 MB
:fp:Playable Map Area: 256x256

:fp:Features:
-Playable 4 heroes but 2 heroes has full skillset, planning to add Dragoon Class!
-8 enemies to battle!
-4 bosses to take down, includes Thief BOSS but skill is on going process yet!
-16 equipments to have, includes the equipments in the new town!
-5 consumables and 1 magical item "Teleportation Scroll"!
-1 storyline quest and 3 optional quest to finish!
-Added "Chocobo Plains" and is fully constructed now!
-Added "Capital Town of Primus" and is fully constructed now!
-Added Stat Trainer for Stat training!

So many cool changes but can be only play in SINGLE because map size exceed 8MB! In the meantime, im now finishing the skill of the THIEF BOSS and White mage! After this changes I will release the next update!:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 4
The update is here!!!

THE FINAL FANTASY ORPG 1.0: BIG UPDATE!
Well, finally the big update is here~! Ummm... not that big. SO here's the updates

:fp:Map Size: 8.79 MB
:fp:Playable Map Area: 256x256
:fp:Features:
-Playable 5 heroes and 4 of them has full skillset but one skill of White Mage doesn't work yet...Lancer has only 1 skill yet.
-4 bosses to battle and take down, all BOSSES has full skillset!
-16 equipments to have, Lancer equipments not yet included maybe on next update!
-5 consumable and 1 magical item "Scroll of Teleportation"!
-1 storyline quest and 3 optional quests to reveal and finish!
-Map is still the same no added place... still Chocobo plains and primus town and blah.....
-Added "Stat Trainer" for stat training!
-Added "Creep Revival System" for creep reviving! This should not be missing in a an RPG!
- Added the item drop of Goblin Axethrower for the 2nd Optional quest so anyone can finish the 2nd optional quest! But not yet sure if this item drop system is BALANCED or maybe working!
I think.... that's all! So its up to you hivers to test the game! Oh and one favor..... Can all of you test the Creep revival system and Item drop for Goblin Axethrower for the 2nd optional quest if its working! Thanks so here's the big update!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

8.8 MB · Views: 42
Level 14
Hi I'm here to give you a little feedback of the update:

I'm not an FF fan so i cant give you feedback on the items and abilities.

When i started playing, i was like "ohh nice lots of imported stuff!!" And yeah, the imported skins and models give the game a special feel. But from the other side, the terrain is flat, there is not much variation in the objects on it. I know that its just in a developing status, but it can use a little boost in the future.

I liked the quest cinematics, they are telling you clearly what to do, and the boss twist after I picked up the item is surprised me! I liked it.

After some time of playing, i realized that my hero is a bit slow. And i found no way to make it faster. I wonder if you can add a boots item or something, because it is useful in orpg's :)

Creep revival didn't work, so I happened to open your map to find the bug(i hope you are not angry). I think i know it: The delay before the revival is too long, Warcraft doesn't save unit variables for that long time. The "Unit Type(Triggering Unit)" and "Custom Value of (Triggering Unit)" returns null, so no unit is created. You should try to save the unit type before the delay, or at the CreepRevivalInit so it wont be a problem. Or just simply decrease the time of revival.

I also couldnt finish the Illegal Mining quest, when i get back to the NPC nothing happens.

DISBTN icons are missing from the map, you maybe removed them to decrease file size, but now that you cant play it online(B.net) you could import them(because file size is not a problem anymore) so there wont be ugly green squares in the places of icons.

My suggestions:
Terrain: Dungeon Terrains are okay, but the forest could really use some more variety. I mean you can have main roads, but like in other rpgs creeps should be found between the trees too. I thought you can hide the illegal mine more, if there is no straight road to it ;)

You should remove vision sharing with yellow. Its more a visual thing; I dont like that the circles glowing in the middle of the Unknown area. Only give visibility for the players in town regions.

I gotta tell you , this map needs LOTS of work until it is finished, but you seem ambitious enough to finish it ^^ Good luck with the further updates, i would like to offer my help if you got problems with triggers(, or pretty much anything ;) )!

Level 4
Thanks for the comment!

Hi I'm here to give you a little feedback of the update:

I'm not an FF fan so i cant give you feedback on the items and abilities.

When i started playing, i was like "ohh nice lots of imported stuff!!" And yeah, the imported skins and models give the game a special feel. But from the other side, the terrain is flat, there is not much variation in the objects on it. I know that its just in a developing status, but it can use a little boost in the future.

I liked the quest cinematics, they are telling you clearly what to do, and the boss twist after I picked up the item is surprised me! I liked it.

After some time of playing, i realized that my hero is a bit slow. And i found no way to make it faster. I wonder if you can add a boots item or something, because it is useful in orpg's :)

Creep revival didn't work, so I happened to open your map to find the bug(i hope you are not angry). I think i know it: The delay before the revival is too long, Warcraft doesn't save unit variables for that long time. The "Unit Type(Triggering Unit)" and "Custom Value of (Triggering Unit)" returns null, so no unit is created. You should try to save the unit type before the delay, or at the CreepRevivalInit so it wont be a problem. Or just simply decrease the time of revival.

I also couldnt finish the Illegal Mining quest, when i get back to the NPC nothing happens.

DISBTN icons are missing from the map, you maybe removed them to decrease file size, but now that you cant play it online(B.net) you could import them(because file size is not a problem anymore) so there wont be ugly green squares in the places of icons.

My suggestions:
Terrain: Dungeon Terrains are okay, but the forest could really use some more variety. I mean you can have main roads, but like in other rpgs creeps should be found between the trees too. I thought you can hide the illegal mine more, if there is no straight road to it ;)

You should remove vision sharing with yellow. Its more a visual thing; I dont like that the circles glowing in the middle of the Unknown area. Only give visibility for the players in town regions.

I gotta tell you , this map needs LOTS of work until it is finished, but you seem ambitious enough to finish it ^^ Good luck with the further updates, i would like to offer my help if you got problems with triggers(, or pretty much anything ;) )!

Glad you like some of it and your right BOSS appearing when item is picked up is a nice thing to do.....So, there is so many prob in the creeep revival system? Well, i make the spawn long 300 sec cuz when your battlin the BOSS Thief Lord in the Mine, he has theves minions so If I kill this theives after 10 sec they will reviveagain and will have hard time to kill the THEIF LORD. But Ill make the time lower and for the boots....good idea! Ill add that item. FOr the circles that belongs to yelllow.... i really will remove that I just forgot too....sorry. And for the icons DISBTN for the skills when learning them, thats a good idea cuz me too didnt know that you can use DISBTN to remove thosegreen squares...thatsthe pain too on my map and you solved it THanks! FOr the Illegal mine quest....Im very sorry when I see through the trigger... I didnt yet finish it IM very sorry! Oh one tip opening my map is allowed....no problem with that....maybe you can send me some improved version of it if you like? Last and Im not gonna continue it for just a short time cuz I have another map that is single Player I am creating it inspires me to create that single player map because of APPRoject's Rise of Gigantes about Gods!

Level 4
Sorry If there are no updates yet on the FF ORPG cuz Im yet doing the other map, Godlands I!

EDIT1: Ok, still not continuing this map yet.... there might be some thinking this map already dead but NO!!! ITS ALIVE!!!! ALIVE I SAY!!! I WILL JUST CONTINUE IT WHEN I FINISH my new map Godlands 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.