• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I've been planning a big project many months ago and still, I haven't started it yet. I'll start it maybe ♪In Summer♪. It's called Heroes of Azeroth. It's an ORPG?

I played some RPG map/games, to find ideas, now, I'm full...Please, help!

I'll just put my ideas here, maybe you can just post suggestions or more ideas about the project.

Now...

There will be 3 classes, with kind weapons classified and grouped according to those classes.

'Cuz Like...
Warrior(Strenth)-Sword, Axe, Hammer, Mace
Hunter(Agility)-Bow & Arrow, Daggers, Crossbow
Mage(Intelligence)-Orb?, Staff, Wand

Thread Under Construction, please give suggestions if you can.

Level 25
-Introduction

It is an ORPG map which follows the story of Warcraft I. You will control either a Warrior, Hunter and Mage. Get Hundreds of Weapons and Stuff, earn Achievements and more while battling the evil, bloodthirsty Orcs, traveling Azeroth, completing Quests and battling the evil wizard, Medivh. It will be a Multiplayer if I can do it. Also, features like Secret Bosses, NPC allies, Puzzles, Special items and more will be added.

Last edited:
Level 30
Warrior's weapons looks fine, same goes for the Hunter. For the mage, the orb should be like of a off-hand weapon.

The achievement looks really great and gives the game fun and thrills in it.

But also these ideas seems very simple. Most ORPGs nowadays misses puzzles and secrets in-games. I would suggest giving some of your time making these in your planned ORPG. Of course, these would not be worth it without rare rewards for finding secrets or solving out puzzles.

If this would had some sort of ending as well, you could try making multiple endings resulting to different things. It can add up to the replayability of the map.

And I have seen this on some ORPG/RPG maps but you could also make summonable bosses through items or activation of things. Example is you used a Frozen Mask then an Ancient Mammoth will spawn in your location or depends if you want it in a specific place.

Also seeing that most players nowadays seeks flashy and action packed spells, maybe you could do that for each of the classes. But you should also consider it's usefulness in battle. Not just where you spam it to the point of torturing enemies in such. You could also make combo spells like what I saw on a map that when you used a spell, it will change into a new spell. If you used it quickly, it will do a chain changing to a new one until to the final spell but if you did not respond quickly, the spell will turn back to the lowest level.

Lastly, make the map worth exploring. I have suggested some things above which can actually make your map worth exploring. A great terrain could also add up to this and of course, almost any good things to the map will be added.

And more ideas... etc...

Level 14
Sooo cool! Your ideas sound very promising, i cant wait till you finish the project (which wont take long i guess, as coming up with ideas for classes is the most time consuming process in making an rpg and you already did that).
Maybe i can make another suggestion: how about you give your heroes spells? You even could give the warrior other spells than the ranger.. and so on, that would be really cool!

Level 25
Thanks for you two too!

@cleavinghammer, I haven't played Warcraft I, but I can't download it. Maybe I'll play the Warcraft I remake campaign. I'll just turn that campaign into a RPG.

@muzzel, haven't thought about abilities yet, but maybe you can get them by training.

Status
Not open for further replies.