1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

DD Universal Pack v4e

Submitted by Dark_Dragon
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This pack contains many different type of spells.

My spell pack requires Jass NewGen Pack JNGP v2 (New) or JNGP v5d (Old). As well make sure to have newest JassHelper

This works with my edited libraries which are now in the map itself, you will need to copy and paste the library to your map once for all spells to work.

Changelog

v1 - First release with 3 spells:
- Slash Strike
- Electric Field
- Dark Torture

v2 - Few fixes + better test map + 1 new spell
- Frost Eruption

v3 - An extreme updata to my spell pack
- Heavy improved test map
- Fixed 'Handle Stack Corruption'
- Improved performances of all spells
- Added 4 new spells
- Shadow Crossing
- Algid Aura
- Nature Blessing
- Water Exhausting

v3b - Additional update to v3
- Fixed bug with Slash Strike
- Fixed bug with Nature Blessing
- Improved performances of Nature Blessing
- Made tooltips on Shadow Crossing and Dark Torture more readable

v4 - Fixed old rare bugs which i found out!
- Used my librarys on almost all spells
- Spells are now faster and less leakless (groupex)
- Added 3 new spells (4 spell was lost by me loosing electricity and all stuff was not saved...)
- Instinct Flash
- Terror Blade
- Black Magic

v4b - Made spells stable to work with default JNGP
- Fixed some minor and big bugs

v4c - Fixed more bugs
- Recompiled map in non-debug mode (forgot in v4b...)
- Used suggestions by Dr. Boom
- Fixed green buff in Water Exhausting
- Made Frost Eruption be based on Channel ability and give "target image"
- Some odd lag fixed...

v4d - Spells where broken for a long time now, so this update primarely fixes that
- Some code changes in library and spells
- Volume of sounds are now user configurable
- Fixed bug when sound fail to preload, thous sounds do not play when first casted
Sounds are now propertly preloaded

v4e - Fixed bug with Electric Field, when heros are killed they cant be revived. Now they can be revived.

Description

Slash Strike

Quickly moves to target unit, slashing anyone in the way dealing damage. If blademaster is near the target he will to a quick slash around target. Any target can be slashed only once. If quick slash then main target can be slashed max 2 times.

Electric Field

Calls for a bolts of lightning down from the sky to strike any enemy unit, dealing damage. Any unit that gets killed by this ability will be burned with lighting and disappear. The other units will get purged.

Dark Torture

Shoots a wave of dark blades which damage any unit who comes in range and pushes them little away of there current location. When they are hit they will be slowed for short amount of time.

Frost Eruption

Sends an orb of frost at targt point, on landing explodes dealing damage and freezing all enemy ground units, while air units get slowed.

Shadow Crossing

Calls upon wicked powers of caster to create hole of shadows which damages any enemy in area. If unit dies under explosion it will raise for caster else it's movement will be slowed. If its hero he will as well take difference betwen strength in damage.

Shadow clones deal 40% damage, take 170% damage but have chance to avoid attacks, last 20 seconds.

Caster damages himself for some amount of damage

Algid Aura

Gives an n chance that any nearby friendly unit slows its target on attack as well dealing extra damage. While unit is slowed its hp regeneration is stoped.

Nature Blessing

Raises magic missiles from the ground, which travel at position of caster, exploding and protecting any ally unit with shield which reduces any taken damage, as well it increases n% hp regeneration per point of life missing.

Water Exhausting

Raises waves of water from the ground which will float around the caster slowing any enemy who comes near. After short amount of time waves will fall on the ground dealing damage to any nearby enemy and remove all positive buffs from them. Any unit which was effected will be blowed away from caster.

Instinct Flash

Quickly moves to targeted point dealing heavy damage to any enemy unit which comes near caster.

Terror Blade

Gives a chance per attack to corrupt the target with attackers hate for his enemies, reducing armor, damage and dealing extra damage on activation.

This ability cant trigger if target is already effected. (Editable)

Black Magic

Fires an magic blade at given victim. Blade will travel until it reaches target unit. On impact will deal n% damage of targets max life and summon n more blades that will cut the target. Each blade deals damage. Target will be unable to move for x seconds.

Credits

Main

Main

Crazyrussian
VaLkYroN
Tranquil
jigrael
Vexorian
shamanyouranus
JetFangInferno
Daelin
Hueter
Anachron
SkriK
bananaHUNT
Dan van Ohllus
KelThuzad
Skizzik
Erdie

therecordist.com
freesound.org
dueeast.com (dueeast.com/watersounds.html)

Additional:

TheBlooddancer
-JonNny
Deaod
s4nji

Other

Blizzard
Hive Workshop
JassNewGen Pack team.
Audacity
Notepad++

Additional:

TheBlooddancer
-JonNny
Deaod
s4nji

Other

Blizzard
Hive Workshop
JassNewGen Pack team.

FAQ

Q: Does this work with default JNGP?
A: Yes

Q: It took you long to release this patch! will there be v5?
A: No, this is the last version of DDUP spell pack.

Q: Will you make a new spell pack with more spells?
A: Maybe in zinc with new libraries. That ofc is not my priority as i am currently working on campaign and that shall take me more than enough time for coding and overall making mods, spells... Still not sure but maybe ill make a new spell pack.

Q: Is there at least one spell in GUI?
A: No

Q: Will you convert any of spells from vjass to GUI?
A: No

Q: Are this spells only for melee maps?
A: All of spells are made as for melee maps but you can use them in any map, as they are easy to modify. They have as well "max damage" deal to configure, making sure that they are not overpowered.

Q: I dont know jass and i want to install few spells in my map, can you help?
A: Yes! there is an block of comments at beginning of every spell which tells you exactlly on how to install spell in your map.

Q: Its said that this spells are fully editable but there is no such an option!
A: This options are not in "Object Editor" ofc you must edit them in Object Editor but main spell setup is done in custom script at beginning of each spell.

Q: Ok i found that text so what to do now?
A: Each variable of this you will see can be set to your own value to completelly remake my spells to your own will. Each variable does something different and comments above them say what each value does.

Q: I want to use this spells in my map which will be for multiplayer at battle.net, are they MUI?
A: Yes

Q: I can see a lot of lines even through i dont know jass other spells usually have about 300 or less lines, is this slow?
A: Should not be, but best is to test it on your own PC

Q: I have slow CPU, low RAM... i need to decrease FPS, can i do that and how?
A: Some spells have that editable already in globals section for users. New ones do not have that there since its not a part of something that spell should change and in fact this is my own constatn which can ofc be editable by you. Go to selected spell and press Alt Gr + F -> search dialog will appear. There write TIMER_DELAY press enter. It will point you to constant value you will see it points to 0.025 which is 40 FPS. If you want to change it set it to (1 / Your FPS).

Q: Do your spells leak? Do you use AnyUnitEventBJ which leak filters?
A: No. No.

Extra Features

All custom code from my library

Note: This spell pack works only for 1.24b+ warcraft patches!

If you have any more questions or suggestions fell free to comment here!
Enjoy!

~Dark Dragon

Keywords:
Spell Pack, Dark, Lightning, Slash, Frost, Nature, Explosion, Water, Death, Aura, Cold, Magic, Black, Instinct, Blade
Contents

DD Universal Pack v4e (Map)

Reviews
02:29, 23rd Nov 2008 Dr Super Good: Very good spell pack. All the spells are highly customizable and seem to do their job well. Only problems I noticed are that some spells are not the most efficent. Still I can only recomend using the...
  1. 02:29, 23rd Nov 2008
    Dr Super Good:
    Very good spell pack. All the spells are highly customizable and seem to do their job well. Only problems I noticed are that some spells are not the most efficent. Still I can only recomend using the spells if they are what you are after.

Possiable areas for improvement
    - Improve code efficiency.

2. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bug:

When using the blademaster spell, at a barrel, you fly in some random way, cause its not an unit.

Also, please do not use custom models in spells, unless thats what the spell is about.

3. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ok. they look nice and also i didn't found any leaks (ok realy long spell scripts... 800lines per spell is realy much to read XD)
    also it's realy well documented , I can see you have put a lot of work in it so i give you

ok like blooddancer said custom models are nice, but not needed in this case... 4.9/5 :p

4. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I appreciate your intelligence Blooddancer actually its not a bug but my mistake for allowing it to be casted at barrel. You have my thanks for this one.

Now Its updated and cant be cast on barrel (destructable) as ofc i used GetSpellTargetUnit(), GetUnitX, Y ... and ofc it did not work.

Thanks again!

About part in custom models, I know that you people don't like it for some reason 'size' but i think its nice to give people idea on which model or hero can spells be used on.

5. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its no just the downbload size
    its also the size of all Spells and datas of Hive atall
    Because its just useless to have one model 1000 times in different Spells and model section

The Spells look nice , but the blademasters Spell looks really strange and not intentioned when casted from a very short range

The first time i casted Dark Torture one Sword was not removed and stayed forever

All in all they look nice but its such an huuuge code , i was too lazy to check everything but i can imagine that some things are not really necessary

Ill give you a [4/5] for this

6. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, I will not rate in my standard rating style this time because the code is too long...

omg xD nearly 3400 lines used totally for 3 spells, sooooooooo many globals and using a library for a spell (?)...
    I am not very sure but you surely have planned that. I usually only use libraries for systems and scopes for spells.
    Well, the spell performace rockz and I give a 10/5 for that, ideas are great. The coding seems to be leakless, perfect but also clearless. I can't figure out to configure it xD Well, 5/5 from me.

7. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    o_O alot of lines :p the spellpack made my comp crash about 3 min into testing for sum reason... My computer has never crashed beafore...

8. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know its not a real bug, but its more like an error, cause you made the spell to target 'objects' and not 'units'. But if you somehow, did not remove this, then most people would say that i was a 'bugg' therefor: Bug :D

Also: Hell'a lot of lines. But also pretty neat spells. You should work on:
    • Not importing models.
    • Less lines

Regards~
    TheBlooddancer

9. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok lets see, for some reason my pc starts to lag like hell when using vjass test map option, dont know why. So please test the spells by default starting your Warcraft III.
    Ty!

I guess ill just have to wait for you to find time rating this in your nice rate system.
    About globals lets see, I made a lots of em to simple edit spell stile, and I am not using any objects storage systems so I need direct one hell of a variables. But dont worry they do not pass the limit of 8191 so they are fast. And you can cast this spells a lots of time in same time. Game Cache limit if 255 variables at same time, which is lol for me.

Hmm scopes can they do requires and initializer anyway somehow i love keyword library much more I guess it does not cause any trouble to you.
    Ty for comment.

Thanks for rating. Ok if you really say that you want that model removed or causes you trouble ill remove it.

Yep blademaster spell is something special as it damages units which are exactly at sword position i did one hell of a trigonometry out there, but anyway at short range it can damage only once and this once it must be at sword position. Last slash it 100% to be target.

Ok about that swords stay this has to do with collision but ill check this right away.

Thank you for your comment!

Yes ofc ty. About models lol if someone really tells me remove it now then I will.
    About less lines. Its because i want to make inline functions actually not make functions but when i got idea of Dark Torture i said like hell more then 2000 lines for one spell is kind killing. But you know this spells are so good made that even if you cast then 5x times at same time its gonna be a little slower then 1x times. Every spell has one global timer this timer lives only when there are TimesOfCast > 0 thats how it is.

Thank you for comment!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like you to remove the custom models, and see if you can get same result. If, then edit this upload.

Oh, yea, and you might wanna merge your double post before Rui see's you.

11. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Effects or Icons are not necessary but imo its Ok. Sometimes there is just no matching Icon or Spell look crap with other models (e.g. these swords)
    I didnt look if you did but you should credit the creators and make i hint that Mapper which use your Spell should credit them too

But I think a big model for a hero is really not needed

12. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    He did credit them, atleast @ The hive.

13. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Double post? Didn't I click on update?:confused:

Both of you i removed the so irritating model :hohum:
    Well anyway now you happy :wink:

Thank you for finding about this and telling me out. Its fixed + added swords pathing type to NONE from fly so swords will always move at same height even on terrain. Beautiful to see!!! :thumbs_up:

Once more thank you for comments and have a nice day!

14. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant your two post's above my last post. Not the spell post.

15. Jack_Sparrow93

Jack_Sparrow93

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OMG I live the dark torture! Well done 5/5 +rep

16. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Boolexprs do not need to be destroyed unless they will never be used again. They do not leaks as they always return the same object. I think I saw you destroy them in this spell atleast once.

17. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yap the boolexpr i use is only (object exist during spell is cast (only one)), when spell ends the object is not needed to be in game anymore so its destroyed. It does returns same object but its object so when spell ends there is no need to leave that object live. In other way some people just make one object which will live always so they dont destroy it, but i am making object exist only during the spell (one of object per spell). As less object in map the less chance to for lag is possible because the object cause lag in maps. Well that's like location, it always returns same location but we will remove it to cause no leak. Even if we could move location whole the time but we remove it coz there would be one hell of a objects in map and when playing on Battle.net with a lot of players hell game would lag hard. Thats why object methodes (functions) are made.

Once more thank you for comment and approving!
    Best regards!

18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    HOW AWESOME!!! thats what i call awesomeness... i mostly like the spell with teh swords 10/10

19. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot I am glade to hear that you like it!