• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Frozen Orb

If you wanted a new ice missile, check this out. A globe of ice with a trace of ice behind it.

Keywords:
Frost, cold, ice, freeze, SFX, missile, magic, spell, globe, orb
Contents

Frozen Orb (Model)

Reviews
BlinkBoy: The model works in-game, yet it won't be readed by most of the common model editors. I APPROVE this since the purpose of the model is to work in-game and not to be edited. 4/5

M

BlinkBoy: The model works in-game, yet it won't be readed by most of the common model editors. I APPROVE this since the purpose of the model is to work in-game and not to be edited. 4/5

Level 3
Hey, I was wondering why there wasn't sound added to the orb? also only MDLVIS can open the model, and sadly I can't convert it to MDL, then add the sound and then re-convert back to MDX. for some strange reason the added sound part of the MDL text gets removed when I convert it in MDLVIS.

Level 3
I figured it out :D, nevermind :) to fix the problem one must convert it to mdl and open it up, scroll down to the bottom look for
"ParticleEmitter2 "DeathExplosion" {
ObjectId 9,
Unshaded,
Unfogged,
ModelSpace,
static Speed 60,
Variation 2 {
DontInterp,
0: 0.02,
3433: 0.35,
}"
and change it to

ParticleEmitter2 "DeathExplosion" {
ObjectId 9,
Additive,
static Speed 60,
static Variation 0.02,

then the model editor can open it, and you can add sounds n stuff to it, also it works great ingame aswell doesn't seem to lag my comp randomly when the missle explodes xD