• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Imported spell doesn't do any damage or slowing units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Installation instructions:

Frostmourne Impale:
// - 1. Copy this trigger and "DD Library" to your map
// - 2. Go to Import Manager (F12) and extract BTNDarkTouch.blp and its DISBTN version
// sword_create.wav, sword_disappere.wav, sword_cut.wav and sword_start.wav
// Frostmourne.mdx and DarkRitualTarget.mdx
// - 3. Import all of this to your map and set ther path to as you can see here (in my map)
// - 4. Go to Object Manager (F6) and copy "Frostmourne Impale Slow(Dummy)" ability and
// main hero ability "Frostmourne Impale". When you are pasting them to your map make sure you
// match there rawcodes with ones below
// - 5. If you want different raw codes edit the below as well
// - 6. Made on Warcraft III v1.30
// - 7. Edit data below to your own will and enjoy the spell

DD Library:
// 1) Export instantdummy.mdx from this map and import it to your map, leave path at "war3mapImported/instantdummy.mdx"
// 2) Copy this trigger to your map, save your map and then change below line "// external ... " or copy "DD Dummy" and paste it in your map
// 3) Copy and paste "Unit Chill" ability from this map to your map
// 4) Match the rawcodes below to your map or use same ones as below

Don't forget to import the DD Dummy unit and give it the rawcode "dumy". Make sure all of the rawcodes match!

Level 14
Installation instructions:

Frostmourne Impale:
// - 1. Copy this trigger and "DD Library" to your map
// - 2. Go to Import Manager (F12) and extract BTNDarkTouch.blp and its DISBTN version
// sword_create.wav, sword_disappere.wav, sword_cut.wav and sword_start.wav
// Frostmourne.mdx and DarkRitualTarget.mdx
// - 3. Import all of this to your map and set ther path to as you can see here (in my map)
// - 4. Go to Object Manager (F6) and copy "Frostmourne Impale Slow(Dummy)" ability and
// main hero ability "Frostmourne Impale". When you are pasting them to your map make sure you
// match there rawcodes with ones below
// - 5. If you want different raw codes edit the below as well
// - 6. Made on Warcraft III v1.30
// - 7. Edit data below to your own will and enjoy the spell

DD Library:
// 1) Export instantdummy.mdx from this map and import it to your map, leave path at "war3mapImported/instantdummy.mdx"
// 2) Copy this trigger to your map, save your map and then change below line "// external ... " or copy "DD Dummy" and paste it in your map
// 3) Copy and paste "Unit Chill" ability from this map to your map
// 4) Match the rawcodes below to your map or use same ones as below

Don't forget to import the DD Dummy unit and give it the rawcode "dumy". Make sure all of the rawcodes match!
I have done that but it still doesn't work and my DD Dummy unit has another rawcode and I tried with that code too but still no damage or slow... Btw it tells me to copy and paste "Unit Chill" ability from the spellpack map but that ability doesn't exists so I have no rawcodes for the DD_CHILL or DD_CHILL_BUFF. I just left it like it was...
war.png

dummy.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You don't need DD_Chill or DD_Chill_Buff for this spell.

I would recommend using all of the same rawcodes the Spellpack map uses. Copy and paste that DD Dummy unit again and give it the code "dumy".

You're probably either messing up a rawcode or don't have everything imported. Rawcodes are case sensitive.

All you need from the Object Editor:

Units:
DD Dummy - "dumy"
Sword - "drks"

Abilities:
Frostmourne Impale - "Drkt"
Frostmourne Impale Slow - "dtsd"

Buffs:
Frostmourne Impale - "B001"

Last edited:
Level 14
You don't need DD_Chill or DD_Chill_Buff for this spell.

I would recommend using all of the same rawcodes the Spellpack map uses. Copy and paste that DD Dummy unit again and give it the code "dumy".

You're probably either messing up a rawcode or don't have everything imported. Rawcodes are case sensitive.

All you need from the Object Editor:

Units:
DD Dummy - "dumy"
Sword - "drks"

Abilities:
Frostmourne Impale - "Drkt"
Frostmourne Impale Slow - "dtsd"

Buffs:
Frostmourne Impale - "B001"
That actually solved the problem! Now the ability works like it should. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.