• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Order to cast Human Sorceress - Slow doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Order to cast Human Sorceress - Slow doesn't work? [Solved]

I'm still learning the ways of the World Editor though I've been mapping really easy stuff for the past few years. I need help with the action 'Order <unit> to <action> <unit> with the spell Slow.

Basically, when my hero is attacked, he slows an enemy's attack speed by having a dummy unit cast Slow, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I tried it with Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt and it works ok (I've tested this 'reactive armor' skill with Storm Bolt when a unit attacks my hero and it works fine. My hero also has another skill that does a stun as well as pushing the target 500 units in front of my hero, and it works fine. Base spell for the 2nd skill is Channel, so I got that part down with my dummy unit casting Storm Bolt). Base spell for my 'reactive armor' skill is Spiked Carapace.

Can someone explain to me why Slow doesn't work? Do I need to change some sort of ID for slow or am I doing something wrong with the spell/trigger?

Last edited:
Level 16
I have 2 questions so we can help you out.

1.) I'm assuming you are using "Slow" (the sorcoress ability) for the dummy? If not, what are you using?

2.) Post your trigger in GUI tags. Right click the trigger and "Copy as Text"

Level 2
This is the trigger I'm using.
Also, the dummy has 0.00 attack and spell backswing animation as well as the spell being the Sorceress's Slow for sure.

The dummy is a non-selectable no-model unit in a bordered up part of the map so it's always there.

• Brutal Counter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Arcana: The Fool
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Dummy (The Brawler) 0003 <gen> to Human Sorceress - Slow (Attacking unit)

Level 2
0 mana cost, 0 cooldown, no spell requirements. Also, trying the trigger with Mountain King - Storm Bolt works flawlessly, so I really don't know why Sorceress - Slow has a problem. Both of them have equal stats and cooldowns apart from their orderID which remain the same.

:/ That's why I'm stuck. I can't figure out why Slow doesn't wanna cast while Storm Bolt works multiple times (100% stuns attacking target whenever they try to attack). I have this minor speculation that it has got to do with Slow being an auto-cast spell but I doubt it.

Level 33
Ah I get it, I discovered this, well, "strange" bug when browsing the Dummy Caster system.
And I managed to get the owner of that resource right by stating my "theory" which proves to be correct.

There are some abilities that requires the unit (dummy caster) is the Owner of The Unit you want to Target.

Example;
You want to Slow a Player-3 Owned Unit
You MUST create a dummy unit (caster) for Player 3 and order that unit to cast the ability (Slow)
Dummy unit won't respond to the Target that has different Ownership with the dummy.

So;
Player 1 unit with Player 1 Dummy Caster
Player 2 unit with Player 2 Dummy Caster
Player 12 unit with Player 12 Dummy Caster

Level 23
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Arcana: The Fool
    • Actions
      • Set temp_position = (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (The Brawler) for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at temp_position facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Attacked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temp_position)
Doing this would be much more efficient than ordering 1 dummy all along...

Ah I get it, I discovered this, well, "strange" bug when browsing the Dummy Ca.... ....mmy Caster
Player 12 unit with Player 12 Dummy Caster

Oh, now that, I didn't know.. but for me, it still works even though the dummy unit is not owned by the target... I do that in all my slow/boost spells but it still works..

Level 33
Doing this would be much more efficient than ordering 1 dummy all along...
Dynamically creating units does not make it more efficient or on par with ordering just 1 single dummy unit.
It makes it worst.

Perhaps the reason why it works is because you create the dummy unit onCast that's why it works whereas using a Dummy Caster system (much, much more efficient) requires you to only have 12 dummy caster (1 per player) throughout the game, instead of creating unit each time you cast the spell - totally not efficient.

Level 23
tumblr_lslg31pMPJ1qgp134.gif
Oh? well my bad..
tumblr_lslg56Dehx1qgp134.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.