• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell order ID question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello, colleagues! I want to ask something. If i have a Channel spell and i set it's base order ID to 'stormbolt' for example - will it be cast by a hero or a unit? (trough the trigger action ''Unit - Issue Order Unit to 'Human - Mountain King - Storm Bolt' Unit'') If it won't cast, then is there a way to achieve that? GUI please.

+rep will be given!

Level 33
The trigger function is just an order to a unit

Unit consists of two types: Heroes / Normal Unit

So, that action will order any unit (either Hero or Normal Unit) to cast the custom spell (Order ID: stormbolt).

But first, the spell itself must be correct in the Object Editor

What I meant by correct was, the data in the Object Editor for the spell should be either Unit ability or Hero ability

If you want the ability to be cast by Hero, you should make the ability (in the Object Editor) as Hero ability, and vice versa for Normal Unit ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.