1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by TwistedImage, May 22, 2011.

1. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh God Derp, I love you so much

I went to fight the Four Kings with this tactic in mind. Worked like a charm. I vastly overestimated their damage output by hilt - it took about 10% of my health. All I had to do was block when approaching, then not give a shit about anything and bash them to death in melee. Pop an estus when half health, no problem. Get grabbed, use estus, no problem.

Seriously, I love you.

2. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd8bCBkKst8&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxCuAK1IcjM&feature=fvwrel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUHJ90zZETA&feature=relmfu

3. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    jesus Christ.

How do people even find out about bugs like that, anyway?

4. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or better yet, why do people want to? Sucks all the fun out of games, if you ask me.
    I didn't even watch those videos though, so I don't know what kind of bugs you're talking about. But any kind of glitching is just sad to me. It's a bit like those people watching movies frame by frame, just to find a couple of goofs...

5. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    He jumped off a cliff in front of the door after the Lordvessel well-thingy, quit the game and reloaded, thus getting into the Kiln just after obtaining the Lordvessel.

He played everything up until then legitimately, though, and it only took him like half an hour.

6. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was probably found by accident from someone falling off the side, raging, and quickly shutting off their game in an attempt to save their souls. Or some really bored Asian guy.

Nevertheless, the guy getting to fat boy slim in under ~30 minutes is... impressive.

The shortest speed-run without glitches was done in about ~2 hours, which is also... crazy.

---

Going to attempt a speed run to fat boy slim. Will post results.

7. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, that's really fast... Don't see why he ruined it with the cheating though. He could've had the fastest legit speedrun, I'm thinking.

8. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    0:31:32 - My time of opening the doors to get the lord vessel. (3rd try.)
    0:29:20 - His time of opening the doors to get the lord vessel.

God.
    I have to beat that.

9. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it's any consolation, that probably puts you among the very best DS players out there.

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Running past enemies isn't difficult, sure, the bosses are more difficult, meh.
    You could pull it off, it's just that one or two mistakes you make (notably the Silver Knight Archers) that force you to restart.

I personally think the *best* person/people at this game are the ones that can do this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5uZJVXNFU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLRPQ8XJQY

11. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    I sold this game, i just don't understand why i can't have a fucking checkpoint before a boss that i've already tried 15 times to beat. I can't run by the monsters between me and him and have to beat all of them every goddamn time and it's rather the boredom of this that causes mistakes not the difficulty.

12. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...what boss were you having trouble with?

13. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really, it's ''boredom'' that makes you fail against the same boss for 15 times? Are you sure? :I
    Maybe you should've tried changing tactics or leveling up. It's open world for a reason.

14. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Every boss has a reasonably close bonfire. You could just tell us what boss that's getting your hackles in a bunch, and we could give you a few tips.

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wasn't even far lol, not far at all.

Thing is, i just wanted a hard game. Not a game where when you die you have to do everything over. What about progression.

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your progression is the skill that you, as a player, earn, as well as the levels that your character earns. It's less tangible than progression in other games, but oh so much more satisfying.

After your first playthrough, you can run through the game again without leveling - even though that seemed frankly impossible the first time. That reeks of fantastic game design.

17. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  18. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, heard about that. Too bad console players have to pay for it, but that's probably the publisher's fault, and not From Software's.

19. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    The console version will be out after the PC version? Am I reading this right?

If the controls aren't critiqued as extremely clunky (as I expect they will), I'm probably buying it for PC.