1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by TwistedImage, May 22, 2011.

1. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know its possible to invade regardless of NG, however the soul level boundary hasn't been figured out yet, so there's a possibility that the minimum level to be invaded by is lower than that of Demon's Souls.

2. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you were that level 69 fag with a furyblade I innocently invaded (and died horribly to) as a level 3 cleric.

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

on that note, I did experiment slightly with this on that cleric. I used the 4 red eye thingies you get at the start of the game - I invaded a wanderer at roughly my level, who I killed, and a level 69 guy with a rageblade, who instantly killed me. 2 invasions failed.

The implication is that there is no SL boundary for invading, only co-op. And the co-op boundary is ridiculously small.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  3. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That explains alot.

4. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Haha, invading a level 69 player on level 3. Tough luck. xD

I'm thinking it might depend on the invasion items you're using. Because the now 4 low level players that invaded me were all red spirits. So they must've used those red eye orbs (or whatever they're called), just like you. But there are about three other ways to invade.

5. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've gotten my ass handed to me (instakilled) by much higher level players when I was about leve 25, too. Using forestbro ring.

6. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forest ring ignores level, this is proven. D:

7. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you know about Darkmoon Covenant Ring/Blue Eye Orb? How about Red Eye Orb (I assume that's the name)?

8. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Darkmoon covenant requires you to obtain the Darkmoon Senance? Ring found in the Catacombs. You have to wear it and go to Anor Londo at turn the spinning tower twice, so that it won't turn anymore. (So the top floor connects to the Painting.) Go down the spinning tower's staircase with the ring equipped and a statue will disappear.

Apparently, the Darkmoon Covenant Ring (Given to you once you're in the covenant) works similarly to how the Cat's Ring works. You'll be summoned to invade a person in Twilight Anor Londo. (/Spoilers contained)

The Blue Orb works similar to the Red Eye Orb, but you'll only invade a person who is considered guilty. You have to kill them and if you do, you'll receive a dried up ear.

Red Eye Orb works identically to the Black Eye Stone in Demon's Souls. Its obtained from joining the Darkwraith Covenant and increasing your rank to +1.

9. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know all that, I was referring to level limitations!

10. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, my bad. Blue Eye Orb is <10%/>10% soul level, red eye orb is anyone. All summon rings ignore level.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  11. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And co-op is also a max 10% difference. I've never been summoned yet though. I guess I'll probably have to waste 40 stats on faith to join that sun covenant. :I

12. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you're borked if you don't get summoned early on. I keep a soapstone sign down all the time, and I still had to make a new character and camp the church for hours to get the requirement down to 35. >_>

13. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you get to the Kiln of the First Flame its usually easy(ier) to get summoned.

14. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I camped that for hours without getting summoned once, actually :/

15. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aight, should I use Dingy Robes +4 with Hornet Ring or Paladin's Armor +5 with Havel's Ring?

I will be invading in the catacombs and will be facing players from soul level 20 to 120+.

Using a rapier and pyromancer's flame.

16. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm still unclear on as to what the hell the hornet ring does. The wiki says Boosts Critical Strike damage by 50%. Does that apply to backstabs and parries (not that you'll ever parry because the online is usually laggy)?

Also, people at 120+ will probably be using scaling weapons, which for the most part deal physical damage (unless you're a snob with dat B/B/B/B scaling greatsword), making paladin's armour better against them. And even then, paladin's armour is better against everything, isn't it?

As long as you can still roll fast and don't depend on one-shotting your enemies (which is cheese and makes you a horrible person), I'd say go for paladin's.

Incidentally, I've been considering Leeroy's armour for my endgame build (though black iron is probably better). But the wiki doesn't mention its fully levelled up stats. Could you post them?

17. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hornet Ring causes the critical damage animations to change (The backstab animation is shorter and the opponent is kicked much further, the parry animation causes you to stab them twice.), I inflict 700 damage without the Hornet Ring, and 1000 with it. (Parries inflict around 1300 damage with the ring, but as you said, its hard to parry players.)

I truly depend on Combustion, which inflicts around 500 damage. A hard-hitting backstab is nice, but as you said, its cheap when it 1-hits them.

The +4 paladin chestplate has around 100 stats in the physical part, but is lacking in the element resists. (Around 40-60 for the elements.)

18. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I upgraded the dragon king greataxe to +5.

It deals 40 less damage than the Demon's greataxe +15 at 50 strength.

It needs 50 strength to wield.

Wat.

Additionally, progressing at high speed through NG+. Gonna reach NG++ in no time at this rate. It's funny, I didn't even have the motivation to play through stonefang tunnel on my first NG+ in Demon's Souls. Guess Dark Souls is even more immersive.

Do any of you have problems with the game freezing completely? It pisses me off. I was just about to summon 2 phantoms to breeze through Anor Londo, then it froze.

19. -Derp-

-Derp-

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've never had it freeze, maybe your connection is causing it? :/

20. TwistedImage

TwistedImage

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, the entire thing freezes and I have to manually restart the PS3. Not even the PS button works.

Maybe it's my system.