• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Alright guys I got some good news and some bad news :(.

The good news is that Iwill send the map to everyone on what I've worked on lately. That wasn't such good news, bud anyways.

The bad news is the following :

I feel I can't do this project anymore, because I don't see it moving forward, I don't see it progress. I'm fixing up bugs and stuff, but I feel that I am the only one working on them. So sadly I am pulling myself out of this project. Now for some more good news, I will still be making the story for you guys (Because I am still writing :p) and that I am sure you guys can move on without me because I have done enough things (Quest examples, recipe examples & I've done a good example for the professions)

So please don't be sad (I'm pretty sure you won't be anyways), I will still be part of the group of testers, I will be writing the storyline, and if you wish I can check out a trigger or two that don't work if you wish, but I feel I can't do this as a project.

Mjllonir

Level 10
Alright guys I got some good news and some bad news :(.

The good news is that Iwill send the map to everyone on what I've worked on lately. That wasn't such good news, bud anyways.

The bad news is the following :

I feel I can't do this project anymore, because I don't see it moving forward, I don't see it progress. I'm fixing up bugs and stuff, but I feel that I am the only one working on them. So sadly I am pulling myself out of this project. Now for some more good news, I will still be making the story for you guys (Because I am still writing :p) and that I am sure you guys can move on without me because I have done enough things (Quest examples, recipe examples & I've done a good example for the professions)

So please don't be sad (I'm pretty sure you won't be anyways), I will still be part of the group of testers, I will be writing the storyline, and if you wish I can check out a trigger or two that don't work if you wish, but I feel I can't do this as a project.

Mjllonir

Well... good to have the latest map... but the bad news really sucked;( We will be missing ya;(

Oh thats sad mjllonir :( ..yea, i know we havent been working hard on the project in the latest weeks. From my side, its because of extra school things to do and alot of swimming have taken place. Anyways, i hope you enjoyed working for me, cuz i did enjoy to work with you. You have helped me very much and when i couldnt work on the original map anymore, you did take the command of the importing and you did it great. I hope you still will test some new versions and maybe also give some feedback. You can always PM me if you have any questions and you are welcome to join us again, at any time. We will miss you in the team.

Level 7
I just realized that I never contributed anything major to the project because I feel just like mjllonir, that this project isn't getting anywhere nice. But I couldn't put it into words like mjllonir.
If the car isn't driving where you would like it to drive, maybe you should help with the steering... just an idea.

Can't you say what you mean? Lol.

What he mean is "get moving and work on the camera system" :xxd:
Anyways, im soon finished on the Item purchasing system and i have been researching how to make those smart actionbars/skilltrees/character views. My item system will be working on a multiboard that is hidden when not in shop range and when you enter it will be a full screen multiboard and you will be able to select and buy the wanted items with the arrow keys. Then you can exit the shop and the multiboard will be fully hidden again. When the system is finished, i will start on the dwarf spells, i have allready made the spell ideas.

Level 7
Can't you say what you mean? Lol.
I mean:
You say that you didn't contribute anything major because you feel that it "isn't getting anywhere nice".

And I say it's the other way round, that you could make this project go where you like it, but only if you contribute something.

I know the project have been still in some weeks but we are back again.
Im currently getting feedback on my item-purchase system and when it comes to the final version it will be imported. The dwarf spells will be made when the system is done and then i will try to do an "actionbar" like descripted: Its a bar that is right over the UI. There will be a few buttons that can be pressed. Its not a skillbar or something, just some attribute-buttons. In short, its a bar that increases your attributes when you press on the wanted attribute-icon. A friend said that its hard to do and you have to deeply understand jass/vJass, so if anyone is interested in helping us with the "attribute-bar" just PM me. Notice that it should not be uploaded here on the site, before our final map release is out.

Level 3
@Mjllonir: Farewell my friend.
@X-OMG-X: I am still waiting for the saveload to be tested (by local players).

Level 15
Ok, sounds really nice. I like the screens, the idea.

I can offer you help with spells(GUI, but quite good), terrain, balancing and testing.
I've been looking for some project to join for some time now.

So - if u need something -> PM me.

Level 8
Aesthetics, do you know what incompetency means? I hope you do, because thats very disrespectful from your part. If you have such a problem with this project, please remind me why your helping out? As for the map submission, I believe it's his map, therefore I believe he may do whatever he wants to do with it.

Okay i dont know what 'incompetency' means but it doesnt seem to be that friendly.
If you dont feel the project is good just say it. Then i can remove you from the team and find some people that actually want to help me. I didnt upload it to the map section as i dont feel this project is ready enought to that. You will see the project in the map section when it is playable enought to follow the rules, if you did read them. I still dont know what 'incompetency' means but, im the creator of the map, and with some help from my team, the project have growed kinda big if you'd ask me. You want some wip to see that i did start this map from the beginning? Ask Cyper95, KrigeKongen or naitsirk. And mjllonir should also know that it is my map. He didnt help me from the beginning but he know how much we have improved since he joined us. So, if you dont think the project is good, you maybe should have said that before you joined.
Now, i dont think this will be a big discuss anymore, its really simple; get to work and be respectful or drop out and stay out.

Level 1
Looks awsome!
Seems like a big project. nice concept.
Typo in Assasin:
Its Assassin not Assasin.
Good luck

Agreed with R.Gaming_Strike, very bad terrain, u should find a good terrainer, it's definetly not 99% percent done, looks like 50%

The first stages is really awful, but it is getting better when you come to the stages 11-25 :p Anyways, i allready sent the map to our old terrainer and im currently awaiting some results/answers.

Level 7
I liked the terrain of the first stages (they just all looked the same xD)...

If the later stages look that much better... :eek:

Level 7
Let's see...

Bugs I allready mentioned that are still there:
- The "our allied town is under attack" is still there.
- I can still walk through the walls of the grey building right to the cathedral.

"New" bugs I found:
- The higher the stage, the less exp I get. I kill a Gnoll -> 25exp, I kill a Murloc -> 20exp, I kill a Troll -> 15exp, I kill a Furbolg -> 10exp. wtf? Why should I get LESS for defeating a STRONGER opponent? the way it is, Gnoll-grinding is the only good way to lvl.
- I entered Stage 2 and left it again through the entrance circle. Then I couldn't reenter because it said "another party is already in stage". After I died in another dungeon, I could enter it again.
- When my Druid used "Wolf Form - Stage 1", she got a dmg bonus, but stayed human and lost all her abilities instead of becoming a wolf. Then I saved and loaded her, and Rejuvenation was still gone. -.-
- When you already have a hero and make -load <code>, you have 2 heroes. ^^

Fixed Bugs:
+ Murlocs & Orcs don't attack me in the Gnoll dungeon anymore. ^^

Conclusion:
Still too buggy. :sad:

PS: If I can help this project in anyway, I would be happy to do so. I like it. :D
I'm currently working on an Orpg myself (started 5 years ago xD), so I know some stuff about mapping. I could fix your bugs to start with.

Thanks for all the feedback.

@MeOme: It would be good with some help, as i cant open my own project );
What we need is a user that know much about the world editor, he can fix up triggers, he can use the import manager well, he can fix bugs of many kinds in the world editor and he should, he can import spells/systems and items. And at last he have to be active in the project and understand that im the leader, and we do some of the things in my way.

So if you think that you are the guy above, just send me a VM and you joined us.
Note that you probable will be fixing alot of bugs and have to import a bunch of things, as you will be an Import Manager, Bug Fixer and maybe also a Tester ;)

~x-omg-x

Level 7
Thx for letting me join the team! :cute:

Just tell me what to do (and give me the map xD) and I'll see what I can do. :)

Level 12
Yea, im still thinking about what you can do :p You have any ideas for a nice system in the map? If you dont have any ideas, i will give you the hard one
- The Auction System :D
Auction-shmuaction. I really don't know how it's supposed to work, considering it isn't a MMO like WoW, and the items stored will be disposed of after the game ends... and you can simply trade items (hey maybe a trade system!), and furthermore, I don't think many games will last long enough to utilize that auction system to its fullest extent...

Dont know what you mean with a trade system.

Anyways, i just wanted to show a little WiP of the statmenu system.
The system is far from being finished as i have to rework alot of my code because i decided to make it MPI in an another way. It currently doesnt display probably and is blurry. The level of the hero is not shown up too, but will ofc be included in the final version. There will probably be changed alot of things. Feel free to post a comment.

PreviewStats.png

Level 7
I'd like to fix some bugs 'n stuff...

How is the giving-the-map-to-someone-else-to-work-on managed?

/edit: I just noticed that this thread has the 4th highest view number and the 6th highest reply number in the Map Development forum. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.