• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dalanar RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
man, this RPG looks nice! i really like the whole dungeon concept. There are a few probs/glitches.
-When someone leaves game and in dungeon, dungeon does not reset and u cannot enter -_-
-Grunts/raiders were comin over in dungeon 1 sometimes
-and... I CANNOT LOAD!!! i type -load (code), it gives no response (it is valid because it does not say it is invalid), and afterward i can't even pick a new char!! somethin is messed up

man, this RPG looks nice! i really like the whole dungeon concept. There are a few probs/glitches.
-When someone leaves game and in dungeon, dungeon does not reset and u cannot enter -_-
-and... I CANNOT LOAD!!! i type -load (code), it gives no response (it is valid because it does not say it is invalid), and afterward i can't even pick a new char!! somethin is messed up

Good you like it :)
1: oh didnt know that. it will be fixed ;)
2: lol do they spawn in stage 1? o_O
3: thats because the saveload is disabled in beta version :p

Level 10

we haven't publiced the real save/load system... that's why... and we had a GUI save/load system that we disabled.... becuse it was bugged

Level 8
As you may have noticed :p and for that first one, I already know about it, Im currently looking into it. And Im trying to fix up the line of sight blockers, because we have too many doodads and such. On that note I think it's the right time to tell you OMG that I removed the waterfall mountain because we had too many doodads, and I needed to free up space and I felt that it is useless because there is no way to see it unless you click the minimal.

As you may have noticed :p and for that first one, I already know about it, Im currently looking into it. And Im trying to fix up the line of sight blockers, because we have too many doodads and such. On that note I think it's the right time to tell you OMG that I removed the waterfall mountain because we had too many doodads, and I needed to free up space and I felt that it is useless because there is no way to see it unless you click the minimal.

Lol. If you are using newgen, there is a button that turns the limit off:xxd:

Level 7
In the JNGP main window (where you do the terrain), go "Grimoire" --> "Enable no limits". Turns off the limits for doodads and neutral units and makes 480x480-maps possible.
:thumbs_up:

Level 5
yeah the grunts were sometime walking over to dungeon 1 from, dungeon 4 i think? (others said that). They would come from the hill on the top right in the start of the dungeon, when u walk a little north before you turn left. If grunts weren't enough we got a lucky raider one time!! :X

Level 10
yeah the grunts were sometime walking over to dungeon 1 from, dungeon 4 i think? (others said that). They would come from the hill on the top right in the start of the dungeon, when u walk a little north before you turn left. If grunts weren't enough we got a lucky raider one time!! :X

Well... that might be because of some lacks of pathing Blockers at some areas;P We'll Fix this... And Increase the XP gain(if Omg says we can:p) I also had an idea for that when you enter a new region, with the Higher levels dungeoun the XP gain got increased by 10% in that zone:p

Level 12
Hey guys, I'm still alive, and I would like someone who has the map and knows vJass to C&P this in:
JASS:
library CameraSys initializer Init
//Camera System by The_Witcher
//
// This is a very basic camera system which adjusts the camera
// distance to the target so the camera isn't looking through houses etc.
// useful for RPGs and that stuff
//
// To bind the camera to a unit use
// SetCameraUnit( unit )
//
// if you want to have your normal camera again use
// ReleaseCamUnit( unit )
//
// in case you want to know which unit is bound to the camera for player xy use
// GetCameraUnit( player )
//
// SETUP PART
globals
    // The max. distance the camera can have to the target
    private constant real maxrange = 1000

// the timer interval (0.01 is best but can lagg in huge maps with many of these short intervals)
    private constant real interval = 0.01

// the time the camera will need to adjust
    private constant real delay = 0.25

// the angle of attack of the camera
    private constant real AngleOfAttack = 340
endglobals
// SETUP END

// don't modify the code below!

globals
    private real distance = 50
    private item ite
    private unit array CamUnit
    private timer tim = CreateTimer()
endglobals

function SetCameraUnit takes unit u returns nothing
    set CamUnit[GetPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(u))] = u
endfunction

function ReleaseCameraUnit takes unit u returns nothing
    set CamUnit[GetPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(u))] = null
    call ResetToGameCameraForPlayer(GetOwningPlayer(u),0)
    call CameraSetSmoothingFactor(0)
endfunction

function GetCameraUnit takes player pl returns unit
    return CamUnit[GetPlayerId(pl)]
endfunction

private function IsCoordPathable takes real x, real y returns boolean
    call SetItemVisible(ite,true)
    call SetItemPosition(ite,x,y)
    set x = GetItemX( ite) - x
    set y = GetItemY( ite) - y
    call SetItemVisible(ite,false)
    if x < 1 and x > -1 and y < 1 and y > -1 then
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

private function SetCameraZ takes player changedPlayer, real newCameraZ returns nothing
    if GetLocalPlayer() == changedPlayer then
        set newCameraZ = GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET)+newCameraZ-GetCameraTargetPositionZ()
    endif
    call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET,newCameraZ,- 0.01)
    call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET,newCameraZ,0.01)
endfunction

private function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local real x
    local real y
    local real r
    local real w
    local integer i = 0
    local integer b
    local real d = distance
    loop
        exitwhen i >= bj_MAX_PLAYERS
        if CamUnit[i] != null then
            set r = 0
            set x = GetUnitX(CamUnit[i])
            set y = GetUnitY(CamUnit[i])
            call SetCameraTargetControllerNoZForPlayer(Player(i),CamUnit[i],0,0,false)
            set b = 1
            set w = GetUnitFacing(CamUnit[i]) - 180
            set d = distance
            loop
                set x = x + d * Cos(w * bj_DEGTORAD)
                set y = y + d * Sin(w * bj_DEGTORAD)
                set r = r + d
                if not IsCoordPathable(x,y)then
                    set b = 0
                endif
                if b == 0 and d == distance then
                    set r = r - d
                    set x = x - d * Cos(w * bj_DEGTORAD)
                    set y = y - d * Sin(w * bj_DEGTORAD)
                    set b = 1
                    set d = 1
                endif
                exitwhen (b == 0 and d == 1) or r > maxrange
            endloop
            if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(i) then
                call CameraSetSmoothingFactor(1)
                call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_TARGET_DISTANCE, r, delay)
                call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ROTATION, w+180, delay)
                call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ANGLE_OF_ATTACK, AngleOfAttack, delay)
            endif
            call SetCameraZ(Player(i),100)
        endif
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    call TimerStart(tim,interval,true,function Actions)
    loop
        exitwhen i >= bj_MAX_PLAYERS
        set CamUnit[i] = null
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
    set ite = CreateItem( 'wolg', 0,0 )
    call SetItemVisible(ite,false)
endfunction

endlibrary

I think you have to create an empty trigger with the arrow key events, convert, then C&P.
It's the camera system OMG wanted, so here you go. Please credit The_Witcher. (why make stuff when you can use stuff? :p)

Level 8
I'm sending the new map out tomorrow. I'm not done with the changes yet (professions are not done) but I have done quite a few and Im sure you will be happy with them anyways.

Personally I don't like the witchers camera system, it wouldn't fit very well IMO, but is OMG wants it well take it, and naitsirk can insert it, as I don't want to do it and I got enough to work on.

Last edited:
I'm sending the new map out tomorrow. I'm not done with the changes yet (professions are not done) but I have done quite a few and Im sure you will be happy with them anyways.

Personally I don't like the witchers camera system, it wouldn't fit very well IMO, but is OMG wants it well take it, and naitsirk can insert it, as I don't want to do it and I got enough to work on.

I didnt say we should use the_witchercs camrea system. Aesthetics should be working on a smooth-camera system. Not a 3rd person camera, just a camera that makes you able to adjust the height, angle and so on.

Level 7
I just played a bit (using cheats <_<), and found 3 things in a few minutes:

- the "our allied town is under attack" is still there.

- Right at the beginning of the gnoll dungeon, murlocs come walking over the wall. Also, orcs can walk into the murloc region and from there to the gnoll region.

- At one position, you can fight the orcs - through the wall. ^^

Level 8
Yeah notice this problem is already known, and sent out the map before I could fix it, so we could show to the hive members that we are in fact making progress :). Anyways, I didn't want to include a changelig (there is a minor one in game) and the changes aren't all that big.

There are more to come and I know what I have to work on :). All these problems you guys are currently experiencing will be solved by the next update, promised.

I will add more quests in the next update, the professions should be coming to an end by the next update as well (the systems at least) and pathing blockers will be added. If I have time, I will finish fixing up the Druid spells, although it's not guarenteed I will have the time. Aesthetics is working on a camera system, naitsirk is working on a hero I believe, OMG is making items and the dwarf (aka the gnome) and I believe 270898 will have to work on his saveload again :S.

Anyways that's what I got to say. At least we know who's working on what.

I think if it's a better idea to release a changelog once we actually get this map rolling a little more. That's my opinion

Level 8
Alright. Do you have to save the items in the save/load? Because you might have to update that...Besides that, you will have to add a simple real value saved for that character, the Profession Choices. You will have to save it because this is what determines which profession they have. It's a bit like my hero pick system. Anyways look in the profession folder to see which value is equal to what.

Level 3
Okay, i have some bugs
first, being one hero is really a bitch, that should be fixed.
Second, When you die in the stages 2-4, maybe even higher, i do not know, you can't enter again, it says a team is already there.
Third, you cannot load a hero, before selecting another, which doesn't really work.
Fourth, the loaded hero doesn't have any skills.
Fifth, You can load more than one hero.
Sixth, Some items for new players would be appreaciated.

Level 12
Hey man , a writer takes lots of time to make a good storyline... :p.

And seriously I've been very busy with the project itself I havnt gotten much time to do the storyline eitehr. I will try to finish it up soon, because it seems that its getting important :p.

I understand of course .. :p i just think a story line is important it wasnt mean to say that ur lazy or anything it was just a little remind :p

Level 10
Okay, i have some bugs
first, being one hero is really a bitch, that should be fixed.
Second, When you die in the stages 2-4, maybe even higher, i do not know, you can't enter again, it says a team is already there.
Third, you cannot load a hero, before selecting another, which doesn't really work.
Fourth, the loaded hero doesn't have any skills.
Fifth, You can load more than one hero.
Sixth, Some items for new players would be appreaciated.

you played one of the old versions... because we've fixed the Stage bug...
Save/Load should be disabled in the latest version.

The rest bugs are probelly known...

Level 3
Great to hear that most of them are no longere present, however, the item thing would really improve the game, to have some cheap items that are simply meant for players just starting out, i felt like i was getting nowhere (Economical), because even the cheapest items would take so many kills from the first stages...

Level 8
Actually, I have a cool little thing I added in the game, the only thing is that you guys have to find it :p. The character will give you starting items, that you may claim only once.

Description of what he gives :

Wooden Sword : +1 DMG, sells 5g.
Wooden Shield : +1 Armor, sells 5g.
Loaf of bread : +100 HP instantly, 2 charges, sells 2g.

On that note, 270898 will have to add it into the save/load system as well...

Last edited:
Level 10
I can't wait to play this with clan MoE:p well... as we all know our Terrain NEEDS alot of improvment... All of my Map making friends on B.net that's at this site... well they Laughed of the Terrain... One of them replyied here... but still If X-OMG-X cant improve it I could ask some friends of mine If they could

I can't wait to play this with clan MoE:p well... as we all know our Terrain NEEDS alot of improvment... All of my Map making friends on B.net that's at this site... well they Laughed of the Terrain... One of them replyied here... but still If X-OMG-X cant improve it I could ask some friends of mine If they could

I had the same idea. I know a guy that make some nice terrain. Will ask him to help us with the terrains. The stages that need seriously help is stage 1-11. The others looks fine to me, but still with space for improvements.

Level 3
@mjllonir: Ok just send me a PM on what is to be included on the SaveLoad (I am probably not very free this and the following week)

Status
Not open for further replies.