• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Cyberwar MP version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Cyberwar MP version (Update 2)

This map ia an altered melee map that based on popular sci-fi strtegy game like C&C,Starcraft,some StarWars inside this map.The map is set on original blizzard map (Round village) with some edited models inside.(This map is MP version).

Note
-If some sfx can't be listened,disable the 3D positional Audio to enhance your gaming experience on this map (Buildings).

-Some abilities is kinda bugged and those/some bugs I can't fix it properly because I'm a beginner to this world editor.So be understand.

-Units does not talking due to reduce the map size to play multiplayer.(My original have talking on every unit (Starcraft 2,C&C)SFX.

-For Ai bugged problem,read the instructions because I can't fix those properly

-This map now in Beta stage,so have upgrades,researches,unit's abilities and improved AI.But still no heroes.

so have fun to play my map.

Info about this map
Screenshots
yVE1Zzz.jpg

JOa5DNp.jpg

rUmqN7x.jpg

lZzoUUs.jpg

MCwevJi.jpg

Soundtrack-Human edited 2
(Infiltration),(Nod Crush) from C&C Tiberian Sun and Starcraft 2 Terran soundtrack

AI bugged problem fix and map size too big fix
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y18b8h2kpx9gltb/Cyberwar_AI_fix_and_instructions.rar

Gameplay edited 2
-The early gameplay is first you start with 750 gold and 2300 minerals.Minerals are the core resources of this game.The earliest unit is peacekeeper for early hunting neutral units.Some neutral units are powerful in this map,so I recommend build engineering bay to train heavy marine that can use grenade launcher that deal 20 damage and stunt for a while.Engineer (inspired by C&C)is use to capture enemy structure to weaken their effectiveness on this game,but beware they are needed 4 second to capture a buildings to prevent spamming this unit on this game.

-In mid gameplay,once you have upgrade your command center to construction yard,you can build armory and war factory.To train more powerful vehicles at war factory,you have to build armory first.Powerful vehicles like Mammoth tank (Strong at destroying ground and air units)and MKV Titan (Strong against ground units)and Tesla Tank (Strong against infantry)that deal high damage to enemy force.Beware,those units are not cheap build and high amount of gold to train these units (Minerals you can train tons of workers (SCV) to mine mineral fields easily than mining golds).After you have some resources,build starport and train some jedistarfighter (Strong against ground units only) for 6 rockets launchers ability,and Dragonhawk intercept for assault (Strong against air and ground units).Banshee is not recommended for this current state of this game.

-At late game,after upgrade your construction yard to improved construction yard,you can train heavy raider for support like deploy auto turret and blast emp for mechanical units that make them immobolize them for 4.3 seconds and powerful plasma shot that cooldown is 1.5 seconds.You can train battlecruiser for further power your force,(Note the battlecruiser have some bug that I can't fix like selection of this unit).For powerful ground units like Mastodon XZM and Odin.Mastodon can use energy shield for further protection and powerful energy wave to destroy enemy force easily.Odin can use devastating Cannons ability to destroy enemy ground force quickly.(Beware,those 2 units gold cost is very expensive that can cost 2000 gold-2700 gold that depleting your gold quickly so,train these units wisely.

-Food were replaced by elecricity and electricity is used by structures not units.The maximum electricity is 200.The most cost electricity buildings were bunker and defense tower like missile turret,maganesive protector,and prism tower.

Pros/Cons
Pros
-low mineral cost and affordable minerals cost
-Strong units
-Low electricity buildings cost
-Area damage maniac
-Free train/deploy units(Auto turret) by heavy raider
-Good gold used at early/mid game
-Unlimited units trained(Note:More units need more RAM room)
-affordable upgrades and researches

Cons
-High gold cost for late game units
-Weaker early game
-Infantry would die quickly at mid/late game by lots of powerful area damage units like Mastodon XZM,Odin,Mammoth Tank,Jedistarfighter,and Tesla Tank and Battlecruiser.
-High electricity used by defense towers

This map is compressed to 20.4 MB.But you still need to use modified game.dll to remove the multiplayer size limit.There's a project that is modifying the game.dll to play bigger maps on the other page on this (hiveworkshop) website.
Visit this website for more info.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/8-mb-map-size-limit-remover-250058/

This map have been tested by myself,it can be played multiplayer if you replace the original game.dll to modified game.dll.This modified game.dll can support size map to 40MB max in order to play the map in multiplayer.

AI's
Currently,this current state have only 3 different ai.Blue for normal force,Teal for Advance air force,and last Purple is Advance ground force.

Players colours
Red,and Yellow to Brown

Tips to make ai not bugged
-Follow colour's arragement positions;Red to Brown down the group accordingly.

Team
Predatorx/Albertx same person
I'm the only one who developing this map

Update 2 changes:
-Every units increased life to lengthen the gameplay time
-Battlecruiser have energy shield and plasma mode that can use plasma barrage
-Mineral life increased more 1000-1500 to reduce mineral field in the map
-Every or some unit's abilities needed to be research
-All 4 soundtracks in Human (X-Cyberdragon) that include 2 soundtrack from tiberian sun and 2 soundtracks from starcraft 2 Terran theme
-All 3 AI have further improved
-Goblin Drillbot in Goblin Laboratory that mine more mineral than SCV;100 minerals

Link to the map-Update 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0v37486akeojok5/Cyberwar_&_instructions_Update_2.rar

Screenshots Pack
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fyy532u9gljpbbp/Screenshot.rar

P.S.-I need testers to test my map.Thanks.

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
1. Your thread is very unappealing, no offence but it could do with some improving.

2. I would like more info on the map, story, features...?

3. There is no screenshots and I wouldn't like to download a pack of it at the size of 6 mb.

4. I'm guessing this map is meant to be multiplayer, but I checked the download size and it was 41 mb in size, limit is 8. That goes back to number 1, I won't download a map that big with no to little information.

I think this is a nice map, but I would certainly not download it with its current size and the current amount of information given, o this map look intresting and keep it up so improve the thread.

Level 1
Update 2 (Beta) is out now!

This is the newest version of MP version map (V0.20).Get it now and let me know how this game gone through.

Update 2 changes:
-Every units increased life to lengthen the gameplay time
-Battlecruiser have energy shield and plasma mode that can use plasma barrage
-Mineral life increased more 1000-1500 to reduce mineral field in the map
-Every or some unit's abilities needed to be research
-All 4 soundtracks in Human (X-Cyberdragon) that include 2 soundtrack from tiberian sun and 2 soundtracks from starcraft 2 Terran theme
-All 3 AI have further improved
-Goblin Drillbot in Goblin Laboratory that mine more mineral than SCV;100 minerals

Link to the map-Update 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0v37486akeojok5/Cyberwar_&_instructions_Update_2.rar

This map file including instructions and fixes files inside this rar file.
This map also compressed to 20.4 MB;smaller than v0.10.But contents and skills are added more than last map.

Status
Not open for further replies.