• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cursor marker thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I for example use the Ghost - Nuke ability, there is a big marker where my mouse is which shows how big the explosion will be. Is there a way to add this to other modified spells?

Level 6
I don't completely understand. I have opened the SOpBasicScopeFollow in the data editor. Then I click "Events", add an Event and chose "Create" in Msg type. Then I don't know what to do, please explain.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try reading what I said...

GO to a Splat type actor. Set the "Hosting Host Site Operations - Operations" field to "SOpBAsicScopeFollow"
Then on the same splat type actor you modify the events by adding an event "Ability.Cursor" to the list where Ability is replaced with your ability reference and then add an action to it to "Create".

Level 6
Sorry, I'm not very good at the data editor yet.

Do you know if there is any way yet to use Raynor's Railgun snipe on several units? I have read some forums and I haven't found a good solution thus far. His railgun ability creates a laser from Raynor and in the direction of the cursor. Raynor's position is held by one global variable, if there are two Raynors, only one of their positions can be held in the variable.

Level 6
I tried this and found out that several units controlled by one player can't have lasers going to the cursor at the same time. Does it work if diffrent players control individual units and use the ability at the same time?

Level 6
I found this map and tried it, is this how the outcome should be?

Attachments

• RailGun (2).SC2Map
    10.3 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.