• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

creating a torso in milkshape

Level 7
:thumbs_up:I was creating an elf model ( kinda like zelda ) and i decided to show how i create it.

Alright open milkshape and you get this:
tutorial1.jpg

make sure you have this option:
tutorial2.jpg
\

lets move on:

well since i cant really explain how to place every vertex in an exact place ill show you an screenshot so you just fill the vertex/faces and learn from it.
tutorial3.jpg

Save this picture and put it as a background liek this on the frotn view of course:
tutorial4.jpg

check you image folder and look for our screenshot and doulbe click:
tutorial5.jpg

select the vertex and create a vertex atr every white dot.
tutorial6.jpg

now to create the faces :

select three vertex then go to face and select create face or you can simply press F anohter way is select the face button in the interface select the three faces manualy.
tutorial7.jpg

your facew should be black but we want it grey so yuo go to:http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn355/lolx222/tutorial8.jpg

In my opinion selecting the faces manually is the best way to fast modeling but that's just my opinion.

now create face for evere vertex and at the end you get this: should be a plane of course
tutorial9.jpg

mine looks ugly cuz i already had it 3d and was too lazy to create another so i just made it 2d :zip:

Now lets make this 3d:thumbs_up:

move this vertex to make it 3d :

select thos vertex in the fron view and in the top view move them like in the screenshot.
tutorial10.jpg

good now it getting a shape.

tutorial10.jpg

now press crtl + a and then crtl +d is should duplicate our mesh

tutorial12.jpg

now go rotate the duplicate :

tutorial13.jpg

ok is time to snap and weld :wink:

i recomend that you use crtrl + n to snap and crtl + w to weld.

Lets begin!!

ill just show how to do one the rest is common sense:

tutorial14.jpg

tutorial15.jpg

remember leave hole for neck waist arms etc.

this is the final product:
tutorial18.jpg

tutorial17.jpg

tutorial16.jpg

sorry for my bad english.

look at the model for reference its milkshape format::wink:

Attachments

• Tutorial.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 30
Use a font, dont draw your words! It looks even worse then my handwriting (you have no idea :p). You can easly make a nice shape in PS, just using the pen-tool, your circles are so ugly and make the tutorial less effective. Add some space between the images so it would be more clear. Some more explanation would be great.

Level 2

I know a better way !!! It's called go to Milkshape3d.com and pay $25USD for it and use it for anything XD Best way and it's cheap. I bought it and it works like a charm for all my animations and models :thumbs_up:

On a side note this would be good for people just getting into modeling. After they make a basic Torso/Armor they can then add more too it as; Spikes, Wings, and whatever else you can think of.

Level 7
Hmm haven't logged in a while and I think your wrong, because is this from something I drew, and its just like using reference pictures but in wireframe mode. Plus it gives you a look to Milkshape tools and and how to go from 2d to 3d by moving the vertex.

Hmm haven't logged in a while and I think your wrong, because is this from something I drew, and its just like using reference pictures but in wireframe mode. Plus it gives you a look to Milkshape tools and and how to go from 2d to 3d by moving the vertex.

it obviously wasn't drawn. You are making geometry from another's wireframe, not from a blueprint. It's completely unmoral to do that, and teaches users how to replacte other people's geometry. Even if your intentions weren't bad, this is completely unmoral.

About moving from 2D to 3D, for that you use blueprints, not someone's geometry.