• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Milkshape Attachment Modeling

Level 15
you still don't get it lol

attachments don't need attachment points, where the axises (X, Y, Z) intersect will be where your unit holds it, so based on that if you'd want the attachment to be held another way, you change its position. but maybe attachment points works for what you say, to avoid having 2 imports

Level 1
thank you... i needed a tutorial like this for start modeling attachments... thanks again

Level 4
I face problems with the texture.
I follow all the steps, use the texture as BMP, and then convert to blp.
And saved in .mdl, I modified 'texture/white.blp' to 'NAMEBLP.blp' and then converted to mdx.
When I open with Wc3Viewer, the template works normally, showing all the colors and textures in the right places. But when I export to the map, it goes all white.

I made the 'bmp' using photoshop cs6.
And convert 'bmp' using BLP LAB (Because if I convert bmp to blp in wc3viewer, it gets 'dead' file with 0kbs and no content inside)

What can be happening?

Level 11
The tutorial is great, worked nicely for my hammer model. However, a few things:
1) 7th step is a bit vague and unclear. Personally, I used tutorials below to properly asign textures. No other program is needed for texture/material asignment. Milkshape is enough.

2) About exporting the model - exporting to mdl messed up the model for me. I exported to mdx, and everything was splendid. Do not meddle with mdl and "white.blp". It won't be a problem.
Once you export to mdx, all your groups will automatically turn to geosets, and your materials to materials.

3) After exporting the model to mdx, just open it in Magos, import all the blp textures and attach them to model using material editor. (This is especially convenient if you only use WC3 textures)