• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Milkshape Error.. Need help urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Please tell me my model isn't ruined! All of a sudden in milkshape, I'm getting a recurring error, and closing and reopening the program hasn't helped...

I am cutting down the number of triangles in my model by deleting multiple faces and creating larger ones in their place. But suddenly, whenever I select three vertexes and try to make a face, it give me the "please select exactly three verteces" error message. I have turned the 3D view to wireframe and looked at the entire model. I have exactly three selected, but it won't create a face. Even if I select three completely different ones, it still gives me the same message. No matter what I do, it won't create new faces and I have made absolutely certain that I have only three vertexes selected. What is going on?

Level 4
Your model isn't ruined, although I have no idea what to do to solve your problem - I've had this error all the time, back when I was using ms3d.

You can still create a face by selecting the "Face"-Tool and clicking the 3 vertices you want to connect in an anti-clockwise-order.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't have ms3d right now.

Level 2
Thank you. This works just fine. I'm not sure what's causing the error, but using the face tool instead of doing it the other way seems to have allowed me to continue at least. Very much appreciated!

Level 23
You need to weld the vertices. Ctrl + W.

Sometimes, occupying the precise same location, there will be more than one vertex. Welding will lock them all into a single vertex. Certain plug-ins can cause your model to spontaneously "de-weld" along seperations in the UV-map, so select all and weld often.

Status
Not open for further replies.