• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Milkshape Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello Hiveworkshop community, I have just recently downloaded milkshape, after coming from an extensive history on blender. I seem to be having many problems, and can not even manage to select a vertice. Could someone give me a quick run through of basic selections?? :confused:

Level 18
I think that Milkshape is a good start to model for everyone.. it's pretty simple to work with it, and the tutorials here and there say everything about it.. if you worked a bit with Milkshape you can try gmax or other programs, because i think they need some advanced model experience to work well with them, could take a while to learn it and many questions..

look at the sticky posts up here, there's some collection of tutorials posted by Wolverabid, try the one with attachments within Milkshape.. it's well explained and you'll learn it fast.. you can do a bigger model though, don't have to do an attachment at first ^^ (but it's easier xD)

btw the selection thingy.. did you marked the vertix after clicking o selection? because you need to set the stuff you want to select ^^ like if you hit selection and it's set to face, you can't select vertices..

Level 25
I think that Milkshape is a good start to model for everyone.. it's pretty simple to work with it, and the tutorials here and there say everything about it.. if you worked a bit with Milkshape you can try gmax or other programs, because i think they need some advanced model experience to work well with them, could take a while to learn it and many questions..

Milkshape is the worst nightmare to start learning modeling.
I don't want to insult the software but this tool is just for converting between formats.
If you want to learn modeling and advance later use some better software like 3Ds max or Maya or even Gmax.
They have a lot of features and complicated stuff but from time to time you will learn them all. Actually, on the start, you won't need all the features they have :/

Level 18
may be.. but I'm fine with Milkshape for now.. it does the stuff I need.. so it's usefull for me.. I got 3dsmax or cinema4d or some other model programm.. but they're complicated.. sure it will be easier to make good models later.. but the beginning is hard.. you have to learn a lot of stuff..

However.. Everyone should make his own opinion and choice about this, test programs and stuff like that, I think everyone will find the best solution/program for themselves =)

Level 15
Milkshape is fine, not superfine of course, its vertex-level modeling is not all bad and a "little" similar but it's weird that the interface is so different... graduating to higher-end modeling tools can be a pain. You said you use Blender, a digital sculpting tool? In your case just skip past what we mortals use and go MAX.

Level 7
Milkshape is fine, not superfine of course, its vertex-level modeling is not all bad and a "little" similar but it's weird that the interface is so different... graduating to higher-end modeling tools can be a pain. You said you use Blender, a digital sculpting tool? In your case just skip past what we mortals use and go MAX.

I would very much like too, but 3ds max is insanely expensive. I have, infact downloaded gmax, but it's nothing like blender. I wish someone could make blender usable for warcraft 3. In anycase, I may use blender, but I'm no better at modeling than anyone else here.

Status
Not open for further replies.