• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy Cow's Solo Mapping Competition Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This thread will be where I put down ideas and screenshots of my entry for the Solo Mapping Contest #3, the (as of yet undecided title). The map is currently in the undeveloped stage.

At the current stage of development, I am only brainstorming ideas. I will not actually start work on my map until 2010 (a long time away from now, isn't it?)

Welcome to the Zangarmarsh. Located in the Outlands, it is one of the few places in Draenor still untouched by the presence of the Burning Legion. Inhabited by giant mushrooms, an extreme variety of wildlife, and more water than anywhere else in Draenor, the Zangarmarsh is a place of peace and balance in the midst of the chaos of the sundered Outlands.
In the center of the Zangarmarsh, a tribe of hydra, the dominant life in the marshes, celebrates the hatching of a new Queen. This rare event will result in either the replacement of the old Queen, or the cresation of a new tribe. However, troubling stories of tribes wiped out by mysterious forces put a damper on the celebration. The hydra might not be dominant in the Zangarmarsh for much longer...

STORY

As a hydra Queen, you spend your first year of life in your mother's tribe, learning how to lead a tribe. Soon before your leaving ceremony, the tribe is attacked by Naga slavers. After the haistily assembeled defence is overrun, you and several of your tribe are captured. After finding yourselves in the midst of a Naga settlement, you lead the surviving members of your tribe through the hostile Naga territory and into the wilds of the Zangarmarsh. After crawling through creature-infested swamps and mushroom-ridden caves, your tribe finds itself at the site of your village. What was once an enormous lake is now a drained and dead mudhole, with Naga pumping machines draining the last of the lake's water. You and your tribe destroy the draining machines still functional and slay thier Naga guardians, and then settle down and begin your preperations for revenge on the Naga.

REGIONS

The map will be divided into multiple regions, each one containing at least one mission.
Region 1
Region 1 will be the home of your tribe. Missions will include hunting down hostile crabs and finding lost hatchlings.
Region 2
Region 2 is the Naga settlement. You spend a short amount of time as a slave of the Naga, and participate in a raid on a Bogstrock (Outland Makrura). You will also escape this area while saving as many of your tribe members.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, any posts with suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. However, I would like to know where to find a tutorial (or, barring that, someone to tell me) about doing things like hidden text and color changes. I would greatly appreciate help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.