• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Wrath of the Blood God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
132755-albums7438-picture86059.gif

132755-albums7438-picture86062.gif

Wrath of the Blood God is a single-player WarCraft 3 campaign. It is being made solely by me. Its goal is to recreate the feeling of classic WarCraft campaigns and take a closer look at one of the oldest races of Azeroth - Trolls.

132755-albums7438-picture86109.gif

132755-albums7438-picture86063.gif

The campaign is set in times long before the events of WarCraft I, II and III. Long ago, trolls were one of the most powerful races of Kalimdor. They ruled mighty empires - Amani empire of forest trolls, Gurubashi empire of jungle trolls and Zul'Drak - smaller empire of ice trolls in the far north. The mighty empires did not have a great affection towards each other, yet there were only a few wars between them. They mostly fought the Qiraji. An insectoid race determined to destroy all other inhabitants of the world. During the centuries of wars, the trolls managed a great victory and splitted the Qiraji empire into two - Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol'Nerub.

Then came hard times. The Sundering happened and the world was torn into three continents. The Amani and Drakkari empires managed to pull through this disastrous event relatively well. The once mighty Gurubashi empire ended up much worse. Losing almost half of its territory along with mighty city of Zul'Farak, it fell into a state of crisis. Its inhabitants are stuck in the past, longing after the power they once had. Great discontent is clearly visible throughout the empire. Old hatreds between tribes of the realm are starting to surface once again. And right on the border is now much more powerful and unpredictable Amani empire. Despite of all the misfortune, the strongest tribe of the empire - the Gurubashi tribe - still barely manages to hold the realm together.

However in times of crisis such as this, the weaker minds quickly fall for the promise of great and easily attainable power, without realizing its true cost...

132755-albums7438-picture86108.gif

132755-albums7438-picture86105.gif

The main character of the campaign is Rin'ji - a skilled Voodo Hunter and leader of the Bladedancer tribe. Altough it is a forest troll tribe, it doesn't owe allegiance to the Amani empire, but to Zandalar tribe. It is one of the oldest tribes, second only to Zandalari. It's named after its founder - legendary Zul'Khar the Bladedancer. Warriors of the Bladedancer tribe are feared and respected among all trolls. They reside on the Zandalar island.

Zandalar tribe is the progenitor tribe from which all other troll tribes sprang. Its home is the island Zandalar. Zandalari now serve as lorekeepers and priests, rarely leaving the island. Members of this tribe have grey skin and are taller than most of other trolls. Even though they do not interfere with internal affairs of the troll empires, they keep a silent watch over them. In case of great emergency, they send the Bladedancer tribe to act as their will.

132755-albums7438-picture86064.gif

132755-albums7438-picture86104.png
132755-albums7438-picture86103.png
132755-albums7438-picture86101.png

Last edited:
Level 22
I also can't see the images, maybe it's set as private (if you've uploaded them on your album)

Level 10
Screenshots are kinda of big... but HELL this is awesome! keep it up!

thank you!

Me gusta mucho!

I saw this logo back in the day.

sadly this is about more than just the Zandalari, right?

thanks!

Zandalari are present in the campaign. They do not play the main role tho. (In fact the grey troll on the screenshot is supposed to be one of the Zandalari)

Level 10
Inhabitants of Zul'Drak refer to themselves as Drakkari. :p
So the protagonist is a Gurubashi ?
Will he get to visit each troll kingdom or will the story be limited to southern lands only ?

I know, I used the term ice troll because everyone may not be familiar with Drakkari )
The protagonist is from a forest troll tribe which I've made up. Details will come soon.
You will visit more then just southern lands .)

Level 10
it's really cool idea, but you can add too, about the heroes that you are going to use, if they are custom or not, make something for the progress of the campaign. The terrain looks cool too.

Good luck! I will be following this project.

Thanks!
And you are right. I should and I will add more info soon.

Looks pretty great. Blizzard-like campaigns always put me on a smile. Good luck.

Thx )

Taz'dingo, mon. 'Dis one be good one. Looking cool, lookin' forward to it.

That's nice to hear!

I've made the screenshot a bit smaller so they shouldn't stretch the site so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.