• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft: Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Project Black Ice

Before you read on just note Black Ice is just a code name, it is'nt the actual name for the project. Also this is a evolve of Warcraft EG, which took a new direction.

Story
During the third war, the Lich King noticed how much more powerful, and more intelligent the Ice Trolls were compared to Forest Trolls, sense Ice Trolls were mostly in Northrend, Ner'zhul wanted to take advantage of these powerful warriors to increase his army power. However when Illidan damaged the Frozen Throne, the Lich King was losing his power, thus losing control of a fraction of his army(this is when sylvannas broke apart and a number of other undead minions joined her) Including this was the Ice Trolls, which were enhanced by a large degree with Demonic Corruption, once they weren't capable of creating a civilization, and were merely just brute hostile units in Tribes. Now King Malakk came to Throne to gather up the tribes that were in control by the Lich King, King Malakk wanted take advantage of this, and take his shot onto the world, so he created a Elite fighting force to defend off the scourge while there new empire was formed.

King Malakk traveled to Kalimdor during the third war, before the orcs discovered Kalimdor, they were searching for allies, while searching, one of King Malakks search parties ran into a underground cave full of Dark Trolls, most of the search party was killed, but King Malakk had interest in these trolls, hes heard they are the most populated troll race in azeroth, and he felt he could use that to his advantage. So he sent a small army, along with himself into the underground cave, he ran into many magic wielding trolls, known as warlocks, it was a fierce fight as him and his small army traveled the underground cave, until he ran into there clans chieftan, Zan'gash. King Malakk challenged Zan'gash for the supremacy of his clan, after a fierce fight, King Malakk defeated Zan'gash, cut off his head, and showed it to his clan, telling them they belong to him now.

When gathering the Dark Trolls, he watched as they swarmed out of the cave, hundreds of warlocks, and powerfully built warrors gathered by a lake near by. Before he came to Kalimdor he also made allies with numerous tribes of other races that want revenge against the Lich King and rest of the world.

After Arthas fused with Ner'zhul, most of the Scourge went back to northred, while The lich King re-gathers his army and plans his invasion. King Malakks Empire grew to a large extend, having many allies from the north, and new ones including the Dark Trolls,few tribes of Jungle and forest trolls, the New Troll Empire was a new threat to deal with, though the Horde and Alliance didn't know about it until a few raiding and scouting parties attacked Theremore and a few outposts of the Horde. Though they had no idea it was a entire Empire invading until some orc scouts and theremore scouts discovered a massive army marching across Kalimdor.

They also found out that isn't even close to the there full army, many scouts discovered several massive armies across Eastern Kingdoms and around Kalimdor.

Each faction needs to find allies fast, and put a end to this new Empire. The Night elves fully joined the Stormwind Alliance, giving there full support. The Forsaken also made a similiar of course temporary pact with the Horde. A numbers of units from each faction have joined the horde and Alliance. Though it may not be enough to stop King Malakk and his massive Troll Empire...

General
This Project works to continue where Warcraft 3 left off, during the 4-5 years between WC3 and WoW, besides the book, there isn't much history in between, which gives us a advantage in the storyline and this project.

This project focuses on a new faction that joins the war, a new kind of troll empire emerges, only Forest Trolls have nothing to do with this war or empire, this new empire consists of Ice trolls(mainly), Dark Trolls, and other races from the icey continent of Northrend, and other icey regions. This new Empire joins the fray because there leader (unknown) Sees a advantage, sense the third war, most bastions of human power are all but gone(except stormwind and theremore) The horde is weakend, and the Scourge has fled back to Northrend, with only leaving camps and small armies everywhere.

The Horde and the Alliance are not allies anymore, they are at war, and to strengthen each faction, the forsaken has joined the horde, in which units from undead will be present in this faction. The Alliance has more Dwarven support and the full submission of the Night Elves.

Night Elves and the Undead are no longer playable in this project, you can use some of the units that were in them in each factions arsenal. This project will mainly focus on 3 factions, which the story revolves around this new Troll Empire, in which later on a more detail storyline on where they came from, and how they could hide themselves will be revealed later on.

The new Troll Empire, focuses on brute force, in which most units have either piercing, sieging, or magic damage. Sense most units will be pretty powerful, most will be considered unarmored, so they have less armor(defense).

in this map there will be small neutral Hostile bases in specific locations, normally they will be demonic or renegade orcs, if they are destroyed, theres rewards.

In this first map it will be a set of islands, which mostly contain ogres everywhere, each island is a decent size for a base, each contain a Goldmine, a good amount of gold. You can't rush in this one, there are shipyards everywhere however.

Units
New Troll Empire(Temporary name)

Troll Warrior- A powerful Ice Troll equipped with very sharp and powerful blades attached to there wrists. They start out with around 21-23 damage, but are considered small or unarmored for there defense, seeing how they have no armor. Though with there fast attack speed and damage, don't doubt them, for they are powerful in numbers

Troll Slayer- This is pretty much a headhunter only its a ice troll carrying and spear with sharp icey ends.

Frost Wolf Rider- This unit carries a large Icey axe riding a Frost Wolf, similar to the orc unit "Raider" Only its damage is considered normal rather then siege, this unit is good if you want to scout or hunt down weak units fleeing battle.

Frost Priest
- Weak range unit that can cast heal and has a aura that slows enemies movement. Has magic damage type.

Shadow Warlock
- Weak ranged unit that can cast Raise dead and a Aura like Bloodlust, which increases HP by 20%, gives unit +4 damage and +2 armor. has Chaos damage type.

Shadow Warlord- Powerful Ranged unit that has a weak unholy aura.

Frost Warlord
- Powerful Melee unit that has a weak Endurance Aura.

icey Catapult
- Not as strong as the orcs catapult but has a spell that allows it to slow unit production when it hits a building.

There will be campaign maps, but until then it will mostly be special melee maps. I would also like to mention that because there are only 3 factions now, it will be easier to balance, thus we can add more units, a lot more.
This is the progress we have so far

Terrain-72%
Terrain Detail-62%
Units-59%
Models-27%
Triggers-0%

Job Openings

The biggest thing we need at the moment is a good modeler, reason is we need icey kinda troll buildings, and specific troll models. I've tried requesting for models on numerous sites, but I've been mostly ignored.
So far there are only 2 of us on the team(officially) we would like 3, which should be the Modeling position, this is a very important position, and greatly needed.

Also in this map there will be small neutral Hostile bases in specific locations, normally they will be demonic or renegade orcs, if they are destroyed, theres rewards.

In this first map it will be a set of islands, which mostly contain ogres everywhere, each island is a decent size for a base, each contain a Goldmine, a good amount of gold. You can't rush in this one, there are shipyards everywhere however.

Ideas for newer units for the new faction is greatly needed, though we have the basic outline, for newer units we need custom models. The site mostly has only Jungle and Forest Trolls, and sense thats all there is here, and theres not much other sites for models, I added a few Forest Troll units, I'll update within a few days

here is the terrain I got so far, just look at the mini-map and you'll know I've gotten a lot done on it.
http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackiceterrainwj6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
Bump, I added the basic story of the project, also note that "demonic corruption" is only something I added because I couldn't think of what it would be called at the time, later on I will get a lot more depth into the story.

Also I did what most don't do... I researched information on most of the things I add and talk about in the story, I don't just throw a story out there that contradicts the lore and makes no sense. This Lore takes place between WoW and Wc3, ignoring a couple of books that have that talk about it. I've looked up all names I've used, the races and so on before I wrote that story, so I tried to make it fit as much as possible, and so far on other sites people say it does.

Level 12
Bump, I don't care much if people don't post here, I get more feedback on other sites. Just updating here too.

kj_

kj_

Level 5
Positive Comments
[+]Nice Story
[+]Nice Idea
Negative Comments
[-]Extend unit descriptions abit more to make it sound more intresting
[-]Terrein looks really empty

Overall I'd give you a 3/5 It would be a 5 but ya

Level 12
I haven't updated this entire thread in a while, later on I will fully update this thread and will be more information and more organized, including units, Terrain isn't empty, I've done a lot of work on it, the only thing its missing is extensive amount of detail, like dozens and dozens of doodads, But the terrain is all layed out so far, The full detail isn't, but its not empty if you looked at the minimap. Unless you meant empty as in lacking a lot of detail.

Reason this thread doesn't get updated a lot because for getting good feedback and ideas this place is very bad for, plus threads like mine are more inactive.

Level 12
ty, spent everyday just adding on and on. Putting doodads in the right spots I have a hard time with, I just make it look random >.>

Level 12
Suppose to be just called "Project BlackIce"
quite inspired? sorry I don't listen to AC/DC me and another buddy working with me on this spent a few hours throwing names around for the name of this, and we ended up thinking of blackice for a temporary code name... So if they have a ablum called blackice its merely a coincidence.

People say My name was inspired by wisps of WoW and WoW and general, which isn't true sense I made my name long before I ever played warcraft 3 and WoW, it originated from "punisher" and evolved from there.

Level 4
Positive Comments
[+]Nice Story
[+]Nice Idea
Negative Comments
[-]Extend unit descriptions abit more to make it sound more intresting
[-]Terrein looks really empty

Overall I'd give you a 3/5 It would be a 5 but ya

Yes, i agree about the terrain, very flat and empty.

Post SS's of the terrain with doods please, i'll give you feedback.

EDIT: also it's since, not sense.
Also, i could help you with the terrain if you would like, I know a thing or two about doodads and terrain.

Level 12
Flat? It definately isn't flat, the picture of the terrain thats on there is just one of the islands lol.

I'll post some screenies tomorrow.

Level 12
Effort? Do you think I'm seriously slacking off? I've been working my ass on this non stop, everyday I've worked on this for most of the day everyday the past 3 weeks, mainly the terrain, that picture that was taken on one of the small islands, in which is NOT flat, and a lot has been added to it. I've put a lot of commitment into this project and effort, I'm doing the best I can, No part of this map is "flat" except for the water, the only thing its lacking is millions of doodads to detail it more.

Level 12
Sorry with the lack of update here but I barely get any feedback here, so I will rarely update, its way more active here Project BlackIce - PoLlama Forums , it has its own sub forum on the site, and the main thread is pretty long, and if your interested in updates and such there all there, this project is far from dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.