• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Corrupted models/textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Now I am done with it!

I have a few models that crash every single map that exist... as long as the models are used.
I attached a zip with a simple model and texture that I would like to use in my map.
However, when I set the model of any object to that rock, the editor crashes before I can press enter.

Can someone find out how the hell this is possible and how to solve it?
(It happens on more models.)

EDIT:
It doesn't happen when the texture is missing.

EDIT:
It doesn't happen when a different textures is used.

EDIT:
The texture used in this model is corrupted... in some weird way.
I added a second .zip ("Corrupted and Uncorrupted") where both the corrupted and uncorrupted textures are in.
There is not even a single difference between them as far as I see.

Attachments

• CORRUPTED ROCK.zip
    274.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Corrupted and Uncorrupted.zip
    564.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 24
I downloaded them as tga.
The difference is that I opened the corruted file in Gimp, then saved that file and it became uncorrupted.
So what in the world happened in that action?

Also... compression?
I am not a modeller so my knowledge is 0... if not lower.

Level 26
I do not know either, but Wikipedia says

Image data may be stored raw, or optionally, a lossless RLE compression similar to PackBits can be employed.

so well, Gimp can probably load both types and saved it as RLE/none, which wc3 may struggle with. You should convert it to blp for use in wc3 anyway (which also has multiple variants btw) and the conversion program may/should output the same regardless of RLE compression or not.

Level 24
The weird thing is that the model works fine... but I have to edit the path to the textures because I want to use it as local files and I don't want to spamm everyone's main folder.
When I change the paths with Notepad++ or mdxPather, the game then crashes... so there are several things that crash the game when used in combination.
(Another model has the same problem and that one uses .blp textures.)

I have to use local files because the map without models etc is already 5MB and I intent to play it on B.net

Status
Not open for further replies.