• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Ashen Rock Corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys, was just curious if anyone knew if the resource "ashenrock" could somehow become corrupted. I had no issue with this map earlier, but now when i want to go back and edit one small thing, opening the latest map up in the world editor results in a crash, as shown below.

Because I have not touched the map since I last edited it, I am not sure how come it would become corrupted, seeing as last time i opened it there was no issue, but now (1 week later) it cannot be opened.

upload_2018-3-9_21-51-7.png

Edit:
Interesting. Since i am in a position where I am forced to use an internet cafe to playwar3 / do my editing, I have the option of resetting the computer then opening it back up. I just did so now, and it opens fine, BUT i have not yet opened up the map I was working on before i tried opening the old one up (i.e it might be that an imported resource I downloaded for the map I was working on, but then I guess it was so corrupt that it actually affected my entire editor?).

I am guessing this is the only explanation, only I am not sure how just downloading a resource for one map managed to corrupt the world editor so much that I could not open another map.

I am curious if anyone understands how these textures become corrupted and how they affect the world editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.