1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Solved] 1.31 World editor STRING CORRUPT FIX

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Lord_Marrowgrath, May 29, 2019.

1. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I fixed all string corrupt problem. All you need to replace your map folder to documents folder>warcraft III>Maps>replace your map to here and open it from there on world editor.

Strings will not corrupt. They transfered map datas to your documents folder. I hope it will helps

My map work well.

2. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does this work when saving your map, and when creating new objects within the object editor?

3. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wait what? Just put the map into Documents/Warcraft III/Maps? That doesn't work for me, still having corrupt strings.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not really following what he recommended. It seems - too easy. I tried deleting the Maps folder and creating a new one - didn't work. I completely reinstalled wc3 a few times to see if that worked - it didn't. I tried opening the map with "open with..." (from "there" as he states) but World Editor won't load the map once it starts. Anyway, whatever worked for OP isn't working for me. I'm trying to avoid remaking everything (if that even works) but it's looking that way.

edit. remaking units from scratch also doesn't save. Guess I'll just go outside:xxd:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The strings get messed when you save a map with the new Editor. Have you tried that? Because the placing the map on \Document\Warcraft III\Maps didn't make any difference to that: I don't think it's that simple, I think the problem lies somewhere how the updated World Editor compiles the file when saving it.

6. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In my case it just crashes during the save process (no matter what). And I only used GUI on purpose, to avoid any code handling changes in newer versions. Oh well...
    Update: lol it took 20 minutes to compile. After 20 minutes the map was finally saved. (And I have a powerful rig for video editing).

7. elbesh2

elbesh2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I managed to make it Work by using the WorldEditor 1.31 Public Test Release.
    Try it out.

8. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That version of the editor has an even worse bug which can destroy your triggers. Make sure to have a backup.

9. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    What kind of bug are you talking about and how can I avoid it?