• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor Crashing When Loading Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Every time I try loading my map with the 1.31.1 64-bit World Editor I crash on the triggers section at 224/488 triggers. I was able to save my map on the 1.31 editor but the strings were corrupted. Now I'm unable to open it at all on the 1.31.1 editor.

I went back to the 1.30.4 editor and deleted a small section of triggers. Then, I opened it on the 1.31 editor. It still crashed but it crashed at around 218/444 triggers. I deleted another section and I was able to load 244/390 triggers.Then I decided to keep deleting until I had about 250 triggers left. After reaching 250 triggers I loaded the map on 1.31.1 again and it managed to open.

After 1.31 was released I took a break from map making for a month waiting for a fix. I heard 1.31.1 fixed the string issue but now I can't even open the map. If anyone knows a fix to this issue please let me know. I wanted to get back into the swing of things but this is demoralizing.

I uploaded the crash log.

Edit: I have 16 GB of RAM and 100 GB free on my hard drive so memory should not even be an issue. I also tried to open it on the 32-bit version and I got the same story as the 64-bit version.

Attachments

• Errors.rar
    83.1 KB · Views: 28
I have probably 100 of them. They improve readability in the trigger editor for me. Is there a patch coming soon that will fix this issue or are they done until reforged?

You can use w3x2lni to convert your map to Lni. You will be able to see all of your triggers in a readable format. From there you can manually remove the trigger comments.

If your map was made in 1.31 then you might need to build w3x2lni from source or wait for the author to update the build on hive. If not, you can use an old version of the editor or try out the w3x2lni method I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.