• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Object Editor string corruption - any solution?

Level 5
Having trouble finding much info on this anywhere (other than the 1 thread where someone suggested to simply move your map into the documents folder, which doesn't seem to work).

I'm referring to the incredibly annoying, seemingly random bug where strings in the Object Editor get changed to some other string located somewhere else in the Object Editor. For example, an item tooltip getting changed to a unit's name or ability tooltip.

I can sometimes go weeks without encountering this bug, and then it pops up out of nowhere. Luckily it's usually on a newly created item/ability etc. But then that particular item/ability seems to be forever cursed with the bug - you can fix it, save it, and then at some other point it gets overwritten with a random string again.

Has there really been NO workarounds found for this?

Anyone else still experiencing this problem?

I've tried deleting the problem item/ability etc, recreating it with a different ID but that didn't do anything.

Level 12
Can you share a bugged test map?
I'd like to look at the objectIds and some random stuff like that.. hard to troubleshoot with a basic description and no real thing to work with.
That being said, I can't make any promises, but currently I can really recon with the idea.
Maybe someone else can figure it out without an example, but it sounds very niche and so I'm guessing we need to sink our teeth into this one.