• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item - Set Extended Tooltip - Crashes Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi guys,

I'm facing a serious problem concerning the newly intoduced GUI function "Item - Set Extended Tooltip".

Not only does it change the tooltip of all items of the same item type (same for Set Item Name), which is bad enough...

it also crashes my game with an overflow as soon as the String exceeds 58 characters.
Fixed: The problem here seems to be that the game assignes the possible string lenght always with regards to the last shown preset extended tooltip. If you have an item, say with only "A piece of cheese" as its tooltip, it will crash the game as soon as you assign a much longer tooltip to it. Avoidable by setting the preset extended tooltip of your item to a very large amount of characters in the object editor.

Code:
Item - Set Extended tooltip of (Last created item) to 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMN

Do you know any workaround (non GUI welcome) to
A) change the name / extended tooltip of the specific item (instead of the whole item type)
B) bypass the character limit solved, see above.

Seriously hoping for your support as this blows up my current plans for a random item stat system after days of work.

Attachments

• setitemtooltipcrash.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.