• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corrupted Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I've been working now on a map since april and unfortunately, my map crashed while World Editor was open. Lucky me, I saved it before the crash but very unlucky me, my map seems to be corrupted now.

Everytime I'm trying to open it in the WE, it says :

"Unable to load file 'C:/Users/......../Castle Defense.w3x'

- Main map file could not be opened".

I've checked a bit on forums for solutions and people were looking to say that it means the map is corrupted, frenquently happen after a crash. They were also talking about a "test folder" but was in 2007-2013, and I cannot find this folder.

Has anyone any idea or solution to help me in this situation ? :peasant-blushing:

In advance, thanks for answers and have take care of yourself.

Level 21
So you have no backup?

Well this is a tough lesson for anyone to learn :/

Actually, what do you think made the map crash?
If you suspect a corrupted import, you can try mpq editors to remove the culprit.

Level 7
Nah, I was doing something else on my PC that made my PC crashing, not the WE himself :x

But I just found something that could help. My map is saved on OneDrive, so it seems there's back there and I can restore an old save. Will see how it works, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.