• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Preventing the importing of corrupted models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I know I have found an answer to this question somewhere on this site, but I can't find it again. So I'll ask the question here:

It has happened sometimes for me that a map get corrupted when I have imported new models. Now I plan on doing a campaign, which will use some custom models. What should I do to prevent that my map get corrupt and ruined? or is there no risk, was it just bad luck for me when I imported those other models?

Level 9
-Don't use WEU for anything other than terrain tiles
-Everytime you want to import anything make a backup copy of your map before you do it, test it right after import before doing anythign further.

Level 9
models never corrupt my maps before, but before u use them in your map use the model viewer to open them, make sure they work and make sure they are in the correct path

Status
Not open for further replies.