• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving Error and Corruption

Why this error happen and is there any way to recover the corrupted map ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys.

I had a problem with an error when I tried to save my map wich makes all imported stuffs invalid
I was adding some new triggers to my map as usual and they were simple things like fade in and out in a cinematic but when I tried to save the map I got an error
Error WE3.png

and after that I get the same error with each attempt for saving the map.althought it saves the map,but it will be saved in an auto made folder
Error WE 4.png

and it made all my imported stuffs invalid.Models apear as green boxes and sounds wont play
Error WE.png

And for unkown reasons that im sure its the reason of making my imported stuffs invalid,it shows all of my imported models and sounds with 0 KB
Error WE2.png

I wanted to know WHY this corruption happen and is there any other way to recover my map instead of importing everything in it again and solve this corruption?
Please answer I need to find a way to recover my map before it falls into the hands of oblivion and prevent this corruption from happening to my other maps

Level 38
Bud... you gave it one day to get a response from anyone. The people on this forum are PEOPLE with lives and jobs and plans that can’t conststly watch the site for any new threads. Give them some time to see this, think, and reply.

The green boxes are because the imported models were not properly compiled into the map file when you tried to save it. That’s also why they show up as 0kb (they’re no longer actually in the map file, probably somewhere in that temp pre-compilation folder). Yes you will have to reimport them. In your case it might be better to start from scratch and then import terrain/doodads, file imports, object editor data, triggers (in that order) because you aren’t sure WHAT exactly is corrupted.

I’m not very knowledgeable about this, but other users here are. Hope they come upon this thread. @Dr Super Good

Level 4
Bud... you gave it one day to get a response from anyone. The people on this forum are PEOPLE with lives and jobs and plans that can’t conststly watch the site for any new threads. Give them some time to see this, think, and reply.

The green boxes are because the imported models were not properly compiled into the map file when you tried to save it. That’s also why they show up as 0kb (they’re no longer actually in the map file, probably somewhere in that temp pre-compilation folder). Yes you will have to reimport them. In your case it might be better to start from scratch and then import terrain/doodads, file imports, object editor data, triggers (in that order) because you aren’t sure WHAT exactly is corrupted.

I’m not very knowledgeable about this, but other users here are. Hope they come upon this thread. @Dr Super Good
oh rip...reimporting all those models and sound files gonna be realy painful and time consuming.It was going to be a serious project with good boss fights.the thing is I was working on it for one month and it used to be fine.But when I tried to add some new triggers after leaving the project for few weeks,it got corrupted and even after I removed those triggers,it didnt fix.It once happened to another of my maps aswell when I tried to add just few trees to the map.So Im realy confused about what can be the reason of this stupid error that ruins all the efforts someone put in his map.

Level 38
And now you understand why making backups of important files is... important. Make a copy of your map file before you first start working on it on a given day and then delete the previous day’s backup. That way you lose at most 1 day of work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Possibly interference with anti virus software. Delete any temporary folder and try saving again.

Yes you will have to reimport everything again. This is why one keeps backups. Imports are very easily discarded/damaged when an error occurs when saving.

There might be tools to help with the import process. Since the import manager is kind of bad for bulk importing of files.

Status
Not open for further replies.