• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
It seems that Lemon Sky and EA delivered what Blizzard couldn't, plus the community helped it.

Command & Conquer Saga on Twitter

Wario64 on Twitter

Also Ladder, LAN and Mods are confirmed Day 1

Also one single note: There it was a Starcraft 2 tournament happening during the announcement stream and everyone in twitch chat went crazy with C&C to the point that blizzard started to ban and censor everyone, while the streamers got in to Defend Blizzard and even REFORGED.

Level 11
Cautiously optimistic about this one. Former Westwood studios developers overseeing the core aspects, Frank Klepacki remastering his awesome score and digging up some rare tracks. Also, as evident by previews and Starcraft Remastered, Lemon Sky are better at semi-realistic, non-fantasy art then fantasy stuff. Structures still look a bit plastic though.

What bothers me a bit is that briefing videos will be provided almost "as is", with some dull upscale technique involved. Low resolution or upscaled videos are not much of a problem, but I'd like to see more modern approach to the briefing itself.

So, I've made this quick mockup of a briefing room; one that is similar to those in Starcraft and later C&C titles.

mEhy1P2.png

I hope the topic on reddit does not get buried quickly, so please check it out and comment:

A solution to low-res briefing videos (mockup) : commandandconquer

Level 11
Cautiously optimistic about this one. Former Westwood studios developers overseeing the core aspects, Frank Klepacki remastering his awesome score and digging up some rare tracks. Also, as evident by previews and Starcraft Remastered, Lemon Sky are better at semi-realistic, non-fantasy art then fantasy stuff. Structures still look a bit plastic though.

What bothers me a bit is that briefing videos will be provided almost "as is", with some dull upscale technique involved. Low resolution or upscaled videos are not much of a problem, but I'd like to see more modern approach to the briefing itself.

So, I've made this quick mockup of a briefing room; one that is similar to those in Starcraft and later C&C titles.

mEhy1P2.png

I hope the topic on reddit does not get buried quickly, so please check it out and comment:

A solution to low-res briefing videos (mockup) : commandandconquer
Seeing how Jim itself is More dedicated to the IP than New blizzard employees, this looks good

Level 11
The remaster is out, it broke steam MP servers and one of the biggest fast selling games on steam.
also Lemon Sky proved that it was all blizzard's fault at the end.

they even remastered and remade the install menu

also grubby was pleaying earlier on today when it was out, and the guy was acting like a child again.
plus the remaster/Classic change is seamless, just press space bar to chose ingame.

Also the source code was released for everyone, the damn thing is from 1991, from the early fork of Dune 2!

Level 9
I wish Red Alert 2 is not like that remaster. That looks like the models of the units more like a toys. Although I read very improves in the game, including mod support.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

[...] Also the source code was released for everyone, the damn thing is from 1991, from the early fork of Dune 2!

News from almost one year ago, for documentation purposes (and maybe inspiration as well):

EA Will Release Command & Conquer Source Code to Support Remastered Collection Modding - GameWatcher

[...] "Today we are proud to announce that alongside the launch of the Remastered Collection, Electronic Arts will be releasing the TiberianDawn.dll and RedAlert.dll and their corresponding source code under the GPL version 3.0 license. This is a key moment for Electronic Arts, the C&C community, and the gaming industry, as we believe this will be one of the first major RTS franchises to open source their source code under the GPL.", Producer Jim Vessela wrote [...]

"After discussing with the council members, we made the decision to go with the GPL license to ensure compatibility with projects like CnCNet and Open RA. Our goal was to deliver the source code in a way that would be truly beneficial for the community, and we hope this will enable amazing community projects for years to come.", he continued. [...]

Here is the full official announcement, on EA.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.