• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Command & Conquer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So this is pretty semi old news, but since I don't see a topic for it I might as well make it myself. So, Command & Conquer 4 has been announced! According to EA it will end the Kane storyline (but Tiberium universe will go on).

The game will only have GDI and Nod playable. However they've been split into 3 distinct "classes". Offense (tanks and such), Defense (turrets and infantry) and Support (Aircraft and support powers). The game will feature mobile bases ("Crawlers")which produce all your units, so basebuilding will most likely be minimal(except for the defense class). The game maps will also have lots of neutral buildings which you must capture for resource and extra units.

The game will also feature a "MMORPG" like progress system. Basically when you play the campaign, skirmish, online, etc. the game saves the exp you gain from the game. Which this exp your profile gains levels with which you unlock new units and upgrades (a system I'm concerned about). For this system to work however, you must be online at all times while playing the game.

The game is supposed to have a total of 80 units.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Command_&_Conquer_4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer_4

A trailer will be released in about 3 hours here:
http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/index.html

I have to say that I myself am excited for this game. I've always loved the Tiberian/Tiberium universe. I'm also one of the people who enjoyed C&C 3, even thought it was unbalanced. It was just pure fun in my opinnion.
My only concern (besides balance, etc.) is the RPG system. Now if it would have been like everyone always starts a game at level 1 and have to gain exp by killing opponents and collecting resources to advance in levels to gain more units, it would have been ok. However this persistent system (as in levels save) will most likely give unfair advantages to higher level players against lower levels. Unless EA puts some kind of "auto-level balance matching system" (dear god no) into the game.

Level 12
I really do like how unoriginal all of EA's RTS games are, ALL of them they do the exact same thing, they branch the single factions into "classes" Which They are more then likely doing with the RA3 Expansion, not to mention when you choose your maps and stuff, there set up the exact same way.

The end? For Kane maybe, but they won't end the actual C&C title, they will milk more games with the title, kane or not. They ruin all games they take into there custody, just look at C&C3 or even better, look how they made RA3 so unrealistic, which the theme of it is original, but they used it on a great series.

I guaranteed if they took a game like warcraft, they would make it look like all the other RTS games, 50-60% graphics, rest gameplay with the "classes" and everything just bleh.

Anyway, Kane allying GDI? Seeing how he killed anyone who allied with them, he might as well shoot himself. They will likely go to another planet and restart the series.

EA in a nutshell: They truly are only interested in money, unlike blizzard where yes they want money, but they want to make there games the best around. Shit look how many games EA made, and how many blizzard made, and look how successful blizzard is.

This is why I choose Blizzard any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.