• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coders Thread

@Anachron: ABuff comes with ABuffAura which allows for aura-based spells.
I also don't want to use your system(s) unless you put more documentation.
ABuffAura seems to be fine, however, my system gives the same functionality with less lines of code.

Also, FP, I would still like to see some coding actions from you.

Well, check the methods. You have methods like onLevelup to detect whenever an unit is learning a spell, getRadius will give the system the required range of the aura. unitFilter is a function that is filtering the units (f.e. only enemies). Then you have onRegister and onUnregister methods in which you can do stuff whenever an unit is leaving/entering the aura range.

Level 14
Just to add on, TimerUtils doesn't exactly create a new timer since it recycles them. With TimedLoop, you can do periodic things in your struct; however, it loops at a defined constant since it only uses one timer. With TimerUtils, you can have different counting periods but you'll probably need to have one timer per instance.

Level 19
Not to be an ass for the coders but from now on I decide that if we don't have enough coders for the hero spells vanilla GUI/jass will be allowed.

I don't need an endless discussion about this; of course I know vjass is better however it is either taking this action instead of never finishing this map. I will give you guys time to gather up more people -- if I don't notice progress for the hero spells I will take action and recruit people who will help with GUI and other ways (only for the hero spells).
Remember we can still replace GUI spells with Vjass spells later.
The current main goal is to get this map running.

Level 13
Not to be an ass for the coders but from now on I decide that if we don't have enough coders for the hero spells vanilla GUI/jass will be allowed.

I don't need an endless discussion about this; of course I know vjass is better however it is either taking this action instead of never finishing this map. I will give you guys time to gather up more people -- if I don't notice progress for the hero spells I will take action and recruit people who will help with GUI and other ways (only for the hero spells).
Remember we can still replace GUI spells with Vjass spells later.
The current main goal is to get this map running.

i personally agree that if we can get our hands on the spells faster, then that's a good thing. the jassers can always rewrite the gui spells once they've been written. it's not like they can't test the spell in game and then start from scratch if that's what they want to do. it's gonna be better than the abilities sitting on the forum thread!