• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coder needed for ambitious team project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hive

Our small team of modders are currently looking for a coder to help us see our project till the end.

Our project is a custom campaign (currently being developed in 1.31, but we will most likely upgrade to 1.32 as soon as custom campaigns are re-introduced) in the same style as the Rexxar campaign where you transition between maps. It is an open world single player RPG that revolves around turn based combat system, set in a realistic medieval/victorian/gothic fictional world that resembles the real world. You will have the possibility of building a party of characters, and leveling those characters much like you can see in various JRPG games. There will be customization capabilities for all characters, but the side-characters will have less customization.

We are currently 8 months into development of the terrain with 4 out of 7 maps nearly done, where all those 4 maps are the biggest main maps. That leaves the smallest 3 maps that I haven't started on yet.

The story is continuously being developed and built upon as time goes. We have a rather extensive manuscript that we follow.

We have tons of never before seen custom models, and we are doing a lot of other retexturing and model editing to bring out extra uniqueness so it doesn't feel like recycled content.

What we need from you as a coder:

• Motivation and willingness to commit to a project.
  • Skills in either JASS, vJASS, Lua or other scripting language that can utilize the new UI natives.
  • Turn based combat system with combat arenas (almost like in Final Fantasy X).
  • Custom UI with a very simplistic open world UI (one row of icons and a minimap like here), an inventory/character page to equip armor and weapons, talent page almost like world of warcraft style (functionality will be slightly different, we have it all outlined on sketches), page for crafting, combat UI (will need a complex menu system to select different things while in combat, we have this outlined as well).
  • Crafting system.
  • Talent system (there will be one full class for the main character, and several other smaller classes with less skills and customization capabilities).
  • Dialogue system with text boxes and facial expressions (see this for reference). The artwork for the facial expressions will be made by me.
  • Map transition system like in the Rexxar campaign.
  • Save and load system.

We use Slack to communicate, upload progress maps, share ideas and everything else. We are continuously filling in a huge Google spreadsheet with information as we progress in development.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you're interested, or post in this thread if you want more information.

Here are some terrain screenshots (full showcase can be found here);
download-11-png.349730

download-13-png.349728

download-30-png.349710
download-12-png.349729

download-5-png.350959

download-4-png.350963

full

full
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

screenshot_1-png.357680

screenshot_2-png.357681

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

We are still looking for a coder.

I will terrain anything for you in return for coding services. This includes retexturing, model editing and other things to make sure the terrain looks as good as I can humanly get it. I also terrain Reforged, but I haven't really tested Reforged a lot. The principle is the same so it should be fine, only there are less custom resources for Reforged. The level of detail will be according to the map size. This is due to doodad limits, so the smaller the map the better it will look. I have plenty of showcase images in my maps and media albums should you want to see my work.

Fascinating. You know, I have always wanted to bring back my old-as-hell project, dating back to 2016, that had a fully working, FF IX style turn-based combat system. It was called Astallas. You can see videos of its combat system I uploaded.

I really loved that project, but the campaign file is already gone. Maybe I could be of help in some form?

I can even do some minor animating for models, such as interacting with objects/people.

Last edited:
Fascinating. You know, I have always wanted to bring back my old-as-hell project, dating back to 2016, that had a fully working, FF IX style turn-based combat system. It was called Astallas. You can see videos of its combat system I uploaded.

I really loved that project, but the campaign file is already gone. Maybe I could be of help in some form?

I can even do some minor animating for models, such as interacting with objects/people.
For sure, we have worked on a map together before, and I'd love to have you on the team. We are using Slack, I'm not sure if you're familiar with that?

Level 5
Sure, I would like to be a coder if we can chat over discord. My discord account is alphawolf#8887. I have experience in triggers and jass and making maps.

Edit: Wow custom models really do look better than the default.

Just tell me what you want and I will code it and try to have no memory leaks.

Oh yea, I know how to use a hidden item to find out if a point is pathable or not, it took me awhile to learn xD.

Last edited:
Level 11
Ohhh boi, i guess you got to a reaaaaaally high point... I wish I could help, but I still stuck on GUI, and that is way more useless than JASS, so... I just hope this gets to the end, looks really amazing, and I'll be there to support it when it gets out. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.