• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for 2D artist for project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hivers.

We are currently in demand of a 2D artist to join our small team of mappers, to help with quite an ambitious project.

It is a turn based map set in a medieval setting, aiming for realism (no magic etc). It will be an open world single player RPG, where you can move/transition between maps just as in the Rexxar campaign.

We are currently 2 coders who are making stuff in C#, 1 terrainer (me) and one manuscript writer/music composer/model editor.

You will be working with us in Slack (team project communication platform), and will mainly be working on making custom minimaps, artwork for a custom UI, model texturing, icons, and other things that may come up. 3D model creation/editing skills is a huge plus, but is not required.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them in this thread.

Here are some early terrain pictures of the project it's for; Classic Terrain Showcase

Hey, is my style fit your map? Is it still made into classic war3?
Hey, can you send me some more of your art? I can see your icons, some of the media images and the UI looks quite nice. Just want to see some more.

Do you think you can handle texturing at the level you see in the screenshots? And making custom minimaps/maps?

If yes I will send you a PM so I can add your email address to our Slack group :p

Status
Not open for further replies.