• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Defense Development Team - Looking For a Coder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
IDHEADER.png

Hello!

I am currently the lead developer of a popular map called Island Defense. The game revolves around one Titan player who tries to hunt down all the 10 Builders, banishing them from his island. The Builders are to gather resources, stay alive and eventually kill the Titan, should his attempts to kill the Builders fail.

We are looking for a coder, as our current/previous coder isn't capable of the job anymore. Our team consists of me and in recent times we also got a new team member, Kappa, who is helping with stuff whenever he can - and the third member is/was our coder, IAmDragon/Dracaratos.

Link to the map's official website with our Discord link.

About Island Defense:
The original Island Defense was created by Yacapo and Dildamesh over 10 years ago, and since then the map has had its avid community. The current build of the map was created a few years back by Neco, who worked on the map alone for a long time. I joined to work alongside Neco a couple of years back and after a while, he stepped aside, and I inherited the project from him.

As of now, we have been trying to release a large patch for over half-a-year now, but right now the project is stuck in a stand-still as our code isn't being worked on - thus the recruitment. The patch is largely focusing on an item rework which aims to freshen up the game and make the gameplay more versatile overall - the required code (for this update) is related to the items and their abilities.

Current Project Status:
Currently, we have been trying to finish the item rework update (version 4.1.0) for over a half-a-year. With the Reforged release coming ever-closer we are also planning to transition from the current coding language (ZINC) into the newly supported LUA and then continue working on LUA from then on.

Position Information:
As a coder you would be responsible for writing the code for abilities, items etc. and other systems of the game (the systems are as far as I know rather straight-forward and simple (yet too complex for me to just take over coding as well)). It would be preferably if you could work with ZINC and manage to help us with the current update (so far everything should be ready - apart from bug fixes and a few tweaks here and there with the items).

In case you are unable to or unwilling to work with ZINC, please still consider if you would be interested in joining our project as a coder and work with LUA. In this case we could transition onto LUA version (you would still need an understanding of LUA or in another way understand what the systems (current code) is doing.

TLDR (Too Long, Didn't Read):
Position Recruited: Coder
Coding Langue: ZINC (preferable), LUA (in future)

Position Duration: Permanent (or temporary, whichever fits you).

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, I think I'm the most qualified person for this position: I am the best titan in ID, I also popularized the terms cuck and libtard, and dawg, my girlfriend has 12 years of medical experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.